Re: [Taxidermy Club] New guy

  • Paulette Tumara
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003
      Hey Ric,

      What are you most interested in learning to do with taxidermy?

      My ermine mold is coming along after 2 attempts. I think the third one might just stick together. The spray foam takes a little getting accustomed to. Hmmn well the back half of the mold came out easy but still feels kind of damp yet so maybe overnight in the mold and it'll be ok to remove. I ended up using crisco for the lubricant. My ermine appears to be missing one forearm now. Kids and pets...Will have to figure something out to hide the flaw now. Have to mount it on a limb with a little branch in the way or something.

      I'm hoping to do yote heads or rugs with them in the future. I haven't really seen any full size yotes I've liked yet to be impressed enough to want to do one like it.

      Paulette