Re: [Taxidermy Club] Intro and question about do it yourself forms

  • Paulette Tumara
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
      Clinton,
      Have some affairs taking my mind offa what I wanna be doing! so forgot acid for pickling hide! duh! Hey can you tell me why critters should be frozen in paper rather than plastic?
      I did manage to get one thing and that was the plaster. Just happened to have a friend call me 35 miles away from Menards building center. Hey I saved myself 4 dollars on the plaster alone! Shoulda asked him to look at the spray foam too, he he!
      I'll probably save 3 dollars a can by getting it in the city. We live in the boonies where everything like that is 3 to 4 dollars more. And they wonder why the economy is bad. It's a real rat race out there! I guess that's why all this stuff is so profitable. Everybody wants something different. Conversational pieces. fur hats, you name it, if it's out of the ordinary it's of value.
      well thanks again Clinton. God knows how long it would've taken me to learn this on my own.
      Paulette
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2003
        clinton said> Now mix the plaster and poor it in the pan. Grab ahold of the string attached to the hooks and drop the animal half way in the plaster. Hold until plaster sets up.
        Clinton, one quick question, well... maybe, two! would you mix equal amts of plaster and water? Duh, experiment eh? Ok I think I can get it! You do, do the front half and then the back right?? ah gotta be! well at least I have plenty of all the ingredients now! Hope an icecream bucket'll work, I gotta find that wire! I don't know as where those fish hooks are! I do have some nice strong linen thread and needles and a good thimble...this could potentially get real addicting. I'm afraid once I start I'll be making molds of everything,lol.
        Paulette