Re: Newbie with a question

  • thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2003
      --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca Corvinwulf"
      <asunwolf@h...> wrote:
      > Hiya :)
      >
      > I picked up a couple of salted coyote hides to work with. I live in
      an
      > apartment with no yard, so any sort of tanning involving smoke is
      out
      > (even tho I want to try brain tanning some day). I've been looking
      > around the net for info on tanning and the salt and alum method
      seems
      > to be my best bet; though I've also seen some commercial tanning
      > solutions--what expeirence have folks had with either or these
      methods?

      > Also, I am a crafter, and am *always* looking for scrap hides,
      bones,
      > antlers, skulls, teeth, claws and other goodies in just about any
      > condition for craft use, buy or barter.
      >
      > Thanks :)

      Rebecca

      HI REBECCA

      maybe i can be a little help ihave been doing taxidermy work for
      more years than i like to think about and if you are pushed for room
      and are going to work out of your house the best tan for you is the
      lutan-f,simple .without much if any odoryou can get a kit from
      VAN-DYKES with every thing you will need except the plain salt
      which is easy to getat the grocery store this is a good tanand
      producesalite colored skin it is the main tan i use if you need any
      help postareply or email me