new member

  • ray robbins
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2003
      Hello my name is ray robbins, i live in mcalester oklahoma and i love
      to varmit hunt and fish and really anything outdoors, i just recently
      decided to try my hand at taxidermy and my first bobcat turned out ok
      and my second one turned out better than the first, i tried my hand
      at a pheasant but just couldnt get the feeel of the wire wheel .
      mayby ill try again someday. I really enjoy working on mammals
      though, my next project will be a lifesize coyote for my daughter
      and a whitetail just to see how it turns out, well i hope to meet
      some really helpful people here which im sure that will not be hard
      to do. i will post some pics of my cat to see if yall think i did
      ok! Ray Robbins
    • ray philbrook
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
        Hi ray i took a look at your bobcat an it looks good the more you do the better youll get at it. Im just geting in to doing taxidermy myself an have a friend that has been showing me the ropes hands on. We done a moose together an a full mount coyote an fishercats an some whitetailed deer an in 2 weeks im helping him do three black bears a rug mount a head an chest mount an a full bear mount which ought to be interesting to do. My name is Ray also it is easier to work with bigger animals than it is with smaller ones.
        ray robbins <lilnissantruck@...> wrote:Hello my name is ray robbins, i live in mcalester oklahoma and i love
        to varmit hunt and fish and really anything outdoors, i just recently
        decided to try my hand at taxidermy and my first bobcat turned out ok
        and my second one turned out better than the first, i tried my hand
        at a pheasant but just couldnt get the feeel of the wire wheel .
        mayby ill try again someday. I really enjoy working on mammals
        though, my next project will be a lifesize coyote for my daughter
        and a whitetail just to see how it turns out, well i hope to meet
        some really helpful people here which im sure that will not be hard
        to do. i will post some pics of my cat to see if yall think i did
        ok! Ray Robbins

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • jammy_dodger_90210
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2003
          Hey guys, i picked up a barn owl (Tyto alba) the other day and was
          wondering if anyone had any tips on mounting it? ie pose or
          background etc... - its a beautiful specimen and if all goes well,
          i'll post a piture of it here soon...
        • laughlinb87
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2003
            Hello,
            The best thing you can do with an owl is to throw it away and forget
            you saw it, as it is illegal to have one in your posession. I know
            it is not what you were looking for, but it will end up saving you
            from paying a big fine and/or time in jail.
            -Brandon

            --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, jammy_dodger_90210