Re: [taxidermy] Hello

  • FACKRELLIVAN@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 19, 2001
      HI JULIE. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TAXIDERMY? WHAT SPECIMANS HAVE YOU
      MOUNTED? WHERE DID YOU LEARN? I KNOW, LOTS OF QUESTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO
      ANSWER THEM I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN
      THEM........................................................IVAN.
    • FACKRELLIVAN@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 19, 2001
      • Julie M
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 20, 2001
          I have not done much yet. I have only done a raccoon tail and a rat. Yes, a
          rat. My dogs killed it and I thought it would be good practice. It actually
          looks good I think. I took it to work and showed it around and they were
          impressed. Of course, I'm the only female where I work so them thinking I'm
          a little off my rocker isn't such a bad thing.

          I have a squirrel and a widgeon (sp?) in my freezer waiting for me. I just
          moved and so time isn't something I have a lot of these days. But I hope to
          get to them soon.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 21, 2001
            Julie, I think you are at the best time for taxidermy experiance. Just
            starting, just starting to gain experiance and build you private collection.
            the years ahead will bring you knoledge and experiance. NEVER GIVE UP. If you
            need help or advice feel free to contact me. Ivan
          • Garrie Landry
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 21, 2001
              >Julie, I think you are at the best time for taxidermy experiance. Just
              >starting, just starting to gain experiance and build you private collection.
              >the years ahead will bring you knoledge and experiance. NEVER GIVE UP. If you
              >need help or advice feel free to contact me. Ivan

              Yes, I remember my first years in Taxidermy and really they were the
              best and most fun. I was just a kid in highschool but visited other
              taxidermist in my area and became good friends with some of them,
              that was the best kind of experience, going to them with a problem
              and them telling me how to solve it, (often it was so simply but I
              could have never figured it out)

              Garrie in Louisiana
            • realtreefan13810
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 27, 2001
                I'm the newbie and just wanted to say hi!
              • Studmouse 3
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 27, 2001
                  you? lol I just joined the group! hello to you also.
                  thanks for the welcome.
                  Joe

                  >From: "realtreefan13810" <realtreefan13810@...>
                  >To: taxidermy@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [taxidermy] Hello
                  >Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:08:33 -0000
                  >
                  >I'm the newbie and just wanted to say hi!

                  ICQ# 33707673
                  AOL Instant messenger name: Studmouse3

                  May the best of your past..... Be the Worst of your future.