Re: [taxidermy] HI Ivan

  • FACKRELLIVAN@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18 11:22 PM
      I ENVY YOUR ADDITION OF A PASSENGER PIGEON TO YOUR COLLECTION. I HAVE NEVER
      SEEN ONE. I HAVE A MALLARD DUCK, PINTAIL, REDHEAD, BUFFLE HEAD, RUDDYDUCK.
      ONE PHESANT, TWO MULE DEER BUCK SHOLDER MOUNTS, ONE SHIRAS BULL MOOSE SHOLDER
      MOUNT, ONE BUCK ANTELOPE. ONE BULL ELK, LIFE SIZE BADGER, COYOTE, GRAY FOX,
      AND SEVERAL FISH. I TOOK ALL FAIR CHASE HUNTS AND MOUNTED THEM MYSELF, I HAVE
      ALSO MOUNTED MANY BIRDS, FISH, AND MAMMELS FOR FRIENDS. ILL NEVER GET RICH
      DOING THIS BECAUSE I ONLY CHARGE THEM THE COST OF THE SUPPLIES. WHY DO YOU NO
      LONGER DO TAXIDERMY? I FIND IT VERY ENJOYABLE. LOOKING FOREWARD TO HEARING
      FROM YOU AGAIN.....................................IVAN
    • CDTaxidermy@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
        In a message dated 8/16/01 11:34:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        FACKRELLIVAN@... writes:

        HI ALL. JUST JOINED THE GROUP, I HAVE BEEN DOING MY OWN TAXIDERMY
        WORK AND ALOT FOR FRIENDS SINCE I WAS 15, 41 YEARS AGO. NEVER THOUGHT
        ABOUT LOOKING FOR A CLUB OF LIKE MINDED PEOPLE UNTIL NOW. I LEARNED
        ALL THOSE YEARS AGO FROM THE NORTHWESTERN SCHOOL OF TAXIDERMY IN
        OMAHA NEBRASKA. NOW HAVE 41 YEARS OF PRACTICE AND EXPERIANCE TO
        SHARE. I WILL CHECK HERE EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS OR YOU CAN E-MAIL IF
        THERE IS ANY THING I CAN HELP YOU WITH. LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING
        WITH YOU ALL.................IVAN.

        Hey.. I taught myself how to do taxidermy work a few years back and have been
        doing it for family and friends also. I have a long way to go. I have been
        having a problem with open mouthed critters. I cant get it all smooth and
        right looking. Any hints?
      • CDTaxidermy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
          In a message dated 8/16/01 11:45:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          garrie@... writes:

          Hello Ivan

          the group is not very active, hard a message a week seems to get posted.

          I too started out with the Northwestern School back in the late 60's
          and sure enjoyed getting those little booklets and practicing my new
          hobby.

          Does any one on the group know when the school closed.  I assume it
          did close as I no longer see adds for it, but wonder when it did and
          how long that school was around.

          by the way I am from southern Louisiana.  Where are you from,  and
          that reminds me perhaps others on this group might join in and at
          least introduce themselves and tell us all where you are from.

          Garrie Landry
          --
          Garrie

          My name is Katie. I am from Oregon... The Pacific Northwest. Am I the only
          women on the list??
          Katie