Re: [taxidermy] TANNING

  • Carl Spinney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
      Visit www.taxidermy.net/forums
      you will find a lot of info there :)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <BAMBI_308@...>
      To: <taxidermy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 4:21 AM
      Subject: [taxidermy] TANNING

      > I waste a lot of deer skins just because I dont know how to tan them.
      > Can anyone advise me on the best way of home tanning
      >

      > taxidermy@onelist.com -- The Taxidermist Listserv

    • Pat Luhman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
        howdy, there are many good recepies for tanning.  the only problem is that each take a little different twist. research manikins has a plan and wasco supplies has books on the subject. almost any of your manikin suppiers have books available for purchace on the subject.  two things most crucial are ph balance and time left in solutions.  if you would like phone #s email again.  george