TANNING

  • BAMBI_308@YAHOO.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
      I waste a lot of deer skins just because I dont know how to tan them.
      Can anyone advise me on the best way of home tanning
    • Carl Spinney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
        Visit www.taxidermy.net/forums
        you will find a lot of info there :)

        > I waste a lot of deer skins just because I dont know how to tan them.
        > Can anyone advise me on the best way of home tanning
        >

        > taxidermy@onelist.com -- The Taxidermist Listserv

      • Pat Luhman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
          howdy, there are many good recepies for tanning.  the only problem is that each take a little different twist. research manikins has a plan and wasco supplies has books on the subject. almost any of your manikin suppiers have books available for purchace on the subject.  two things most crucial are ph balance and time left in solutions.  if you would like phone #s email again.  george