Re: [taxidermy] Can you dye duck feathers?

  • garrie@cox-internet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2000
      I've seen dyed birds but not with metallic shimmering colors,
      Unfortunately I dont know how it was done. I have a friend John Hyde
      in Houston who has died a few ducks to resemble other types but they
      were usually not very dark colors.

      I will look his phone up and post it tonight, incase you would want
      to call him, dont think he has email
      --
      Garrie
    • knhanne@wans.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2000
        I mounted a nice Northern Shoveler duck, but the head is somewhat
        immature. Does anyone know if you can dye it green and if so what is
        the product I would use and where would I obtain it from?

        Thanks,

        Ken