question about pronghorn mount

  • garrie_landry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
      I recently bought a pronghorn mount from out of state. It arrive and looks ok but I do
      have a concern. It was very dusty on arrival, so I decided to brush it and noticed lots of
      hair fell out as I brushed. I stopped brushing and vaccumed the dust from the fur, still
      lots of hair fell out.

      Now it looks good and its not dropping hair on its own but I'm concerned that I noticed so
      much lost hair as I cleaned it.

      Can you speculate as to why? and should I be concerned? or is there anything I can do to
      prevent further loss,

      The seller said it mounted about 2 years ago.

      Garrie in LA
    • John Finger
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        hello
        I would not Brush it any more then you have to
        I to ran into some thing like that
        with a caribou cape I mounted the guy had this
        shoulder cape in a Barn for about 12 years and I was
        not awear of that at the time so I mounted it and
        noticed that the hair was falling out as well I
        brushed it Just enough to make it look as good as I
        could and then left it alone and I tell others not to
        tuch it due to the hair falling out it will last a
        life time the way it is as long as you dont keep
        Brushing it every know and then take a feather duster
        to it and thats it nothing els
        hope this helps
        John ( C & J's Taxidermy
        Postville,Iowa