Money....

  • trexels_woman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      I love taxidermy, and do it for a hobby for myself, but I was
      wondering if I chose to do it full time, after taxidermy school, can
      I make money? Are professionals in this group making money?

      Thanks a bunch!
      ~Liz~
    • garrie@cox-internet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        I have a chance to purchase this item and wonder what you guys think
        it is worth. I sure is a beautiful case.
      • pat luhman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2002
          Liz,
          school is just the first step.  if you wish to compete it might be a good idea to study under an individule in a speciatlty field.  deer, small mammals,birds,reptiles,or snakes.  these people will be able to help you with those finishing touches that make the difference.  they will charge for their time but it will be worth it.
          there is good money out there for the pickin. just dont give your talents away.  too many times that is what happens and profs just dont make a go of it. let me know how things go for you.  btw, what school did you attend?   george
          I love taxidermy, and do it for a hobby for myself, but I was
          wondering if I chose to do it full time, after taxidermy school, can
          I make money?  Are professionals in this group making money?

          Thanks a bunch!
          ~Liz~

          taxidermy@onelist.com -- The Taxidermist Listserv

        • pat luhman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2002
            it looks ike a fine piece but difficult to tell by the photo. i wouldnt pay more than 175.00 for it.
            george