Re: [taxidermy] Digest Number 54

  • Maggie Chubb
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2001
      Dear Taxidermy folks,

      As the preparation of various animal skins, etc. is of interest to me, I
      surfed awhile on the web. It seems that all of the sites I found are
      vendors selling primary equipment or rings of vendors selling their end
      product. I would appreciate any sites that give actual instructions,
      recipes for solutions, useful information, etc.

      Thank you Heather for the info on the snake skin. Finding glycerin was
      tough in this age of MacPharmacies, but was able to find a small
      independent who stocked it. The skin is currently soaking in it and looks
      great! I found that the little residual meat that clung to the skin came
      off easily when scraped following the brine soak. I remember you asked for
      feedback on this method...More when the skin dries...sometime next week.
      Thank you for your prompt help and kind words :))

      Maggie