refugee plea

  • phiri molete
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2004
      Good Day,

      With warm hearts I offer my friendship, and my greetings, and I hope this letter meets you in good time. It will be surprising to you to receive thisproposal from me since you do not know me personally. However, I am sincerely seeking your confidence in this transaction, which I propose with my free mind and as a person of integrity.

      My name is Phiri Molete, the son of Phiri Simbo, a farmer from Zimbabwe,murdered in the land dispute in my country. As led by my instinct, I decidedto contact you through email, after searching for contacts via the internet,as it is the only means I can contact anybody since I am cutting off ties with Zimbabwe for now. I apologize if this is not acceptable to you.

      The purpose of this letter is to seek your most needed assistance in a
      business venture. Due to the land and political problems in Zimbabwe, as a result of President Robert Mugabe's introduction of new Land Act Reform whollyaffecting the rich white farmers and the few rich black farmers, all white farmers were asked to surrender their farms to the government forre-distribution and in fact to his political party members and my father though black was the treasurer of the farmers association and a strong member of an opposition party that did not support the president's idea.

      He then ordered his party members and the police under his payroll to invade my father's farm and burn down everything in the farm. They killed my father and took away a lot of items from his farm.

      After the death of my father, our local pastor and a close friend of my
      father handed us over will documents with instructions from my father that we should leave Zimbabwe in case anything were to happen to him. The will documents has a certificate of deposit, confirming a cash deposit totalingTwelve million five hundred thousand united state dollars. [12.5m] keptin custody for us in a security company unknown to the company that the content is money hence it was deposited as personal belongings. This money was deposited with this Private Security Company for safety and security reasons, and was to be used for the purchase of land, new machines and chemicals for establishment of new farms in Botswana.

      This violent and barbaric act by Mugabe has since
      led to the death of my beloved mother and kid sister and other innocent
      lives.

      I was continually threatened to abandon my inheritance from my father afterhe was murdered. I resisted for a while, but when the danger became unbearable,and I survived two murder attempts, I fled Zimbabwe with the help of my father's close friend Mr.John Casahans from Australia also a farmer who was leaving in Zimbabwewith us but left with his family following this ugly development I have tried to reach him but all to no avail.

      I am currently staying in the Netherlands where I am seeking political
      asylum.
      In fact my decision to come here to seek asylum, is because the security company from South Africa, has a branch here. I have contacted them to move the safe deposit from their office in Johannesburg to here, which they have since done.

      I need to transfer this money to an account and invest part of the money.
      Since the law of Netherlands prohibits a refugee (asylum seeker) to open any bank account or to be involved in any financial transaction, this is why I am seeking a genuine and reliable partner, whose account this money can be transferred, hence this proposal to you.

      You have to understand that this decision taken by me is a very big and
      brave one, and it entrusts my future in your hands, as a result of the safe keeping of this money.

      If you accept to assist me, all I want you to do for me, is to assist with arrangements to claim the deposit from the security company from their office here in The Netherlands, as it has now been transferred from Johannesburg, South Africa to their branch here. The company will be legally informed of you representing me.

      For your assistance, I have two options for you.
      Firstly you can choose to have 20% of the money for your assistance, and helping me open an account for the money to be deposited here, or you can go into partnership with me for the proper profitable investment of the money in your country. Whichever option you want, please notify me in your reply.

      I have also set aside 1 % of this money for all kinds of expenses that come our way in the process of this transaction, and 4% for Charity donation.
      If you prefer to accept the 20% for your moral and financial assistance
      then the balance will be left in the account here for me.

      Please, I want you to maintain absolute secrecy for the purpose of this
      transaction. Your reply should be sent to my private email address only
      whereupon I shall brief you on the modalities to ensuring its realization.

      I look forward to your reply and co-operation, and I thank you in advance
      as I anticipate your co-operation.

      Sincerely,
      Phiri Molete
    • phiri molete