Arrival at Taurus Base (attention:Captain K'ruska)

  • Ben Dumbreck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2006
      *Nolan stepped off the shuttle and onto his new home. Looking around
      he saw a buzz of excitement as races from all around the universe
      wandered around quickly, some getting ready to disembark some arriving
      whatever was happening Nolan couldn't wait to be a part of it. Heading
      for the turbolift he had no idea where to find the captain going to
      the nearest computer wall panel Nolan decided to test the systems*

      Nolan: Computer, where is the location of Captain...

      *The name of the captain had slipped from his mind as he searched
      frantically for his padd, he had put it in his bag for safe keeping
      but it must have slipped to the bottom as his hand went deeper there
      was no sign.*

      Computer: Captain K'ruska can be found in the ready room

      *Blackwell smiled in remembrance as he again headed for the turbolift,
      this time however he knew where he was heading.Stepping in the
      turbolift Ensign Nolan Blackwell called for the computer once again.*

      Nolan:The captains ready room.

      *Nolan felt a sudden jolt, unusual for officers and such like to feel
      them move but he wasn't expecting it to be quite so fast. Thinking
      about what he was going to say made him feel a little nervous, which
      was unlike the tall human.*

      *The doors slid open silently and effortlessly as the sight of a long
      corridor came into view. He guessed that it was the Captains ready
      room and so preceded towards it.Ringing the buzzer he waited for a
      response*

      <<K'rusta>>

      *Seeing the doors open he saw a beautiful Klingon/Human fusion sitting
      before him. He had heard stories about K'rusta and her adventures
      before taking command of the base and he was impressed by her
      record.Her Beauty was often spoken about and it wasn't unusual for her
      to be the centre of many mens attentions.*

      Nolan:Ensign Nolan Blackwell reporting for duty ma'am

      <<K'rusta>>

      Nolan: Yes ma'am, engineer. Recently graduated, when the oppurtunity
      to serve with you and your crew arose it was not a hard decision to
      make.

      <<K'rusta>>

      ---------------------------
      Ensign Nolan Blackwell
      Engineer
      Starbase Taurus
    • alspeths
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2006
        ON

        <<Co's offices>>

        *K'ruska was wading through PADD after PADD of reports. She was in a foul
        mood, having not seen Tevar for several days and feeling very...empty
        inside, which of course made her curse herself for ten kinds of a fool and
        made her mood even worse. It was unwarrior like to pine over a man that
        didn't even love you. When Donavan alerted her to a visitor she scowled,
        checked her arrival sheet and saw that they were getting a new engineer...a
        wet behind the ears newbie...she shook her head, when would she get a break
        and get experienced hands?*

        K'ruska: Come! *Her tone was sharp, adding an edge to her resonant voice.*

        *Seeing the doors open he saw a beautiful Klingon/Human fusion sitting
        before him. He had heard stories about K'rusta and her adventures before
        taking command of the base and he was impressed by her record.Her Beauty was
        often spoken about and it wasn't unusual for her to be the centre of many
        mens attentions.*

        Nolan:Ensign Nolan Blackwell reporting for duty ma'am

        K'ruska: At ease Ensign, so HQ finally sent me another engineer.... *She
        looked him over, yellow eyes hooded*

        Nolan: Yes ma'am, engineer. Recently graduated, when the oppurtunity to
        serve with you and your crew arose it was not a hard decision to make.

        K'ruska: *Raising an eyebrow* Oh really? Why's that Ensign? Why is -my- base
        of such interest to you? (Come on kid...impress me) *Her thoughts were not
        shown on her face or in those glorious yellow eyes*

        OFF

        Cpt. K'ruska
        CO

        --
        This email is certified free of bugs and determined to be fat, fluff and
        stupidity free!
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2006
          This was MEANT to come from MY outlook! Not my friends...I'm checking her
          mail for her while she and her family are away and I OOPSed big time! *Kicks
          myself for not checking first*

[...]

          Taurus Base... where life is never tame.
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          --
          No nasties found in this message

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2006
[...]

            *Nolan looked at her, a little fear crept into him, he never thought
            it as though she would take offense to the comment, she was obviously
            having a bad day but it wasn't him that was going to tell her she
            needed to cheer up.*

            Nolan: Well Captain to be honest, and without you taking any offense
            to this, serving under a Klingon captain, or half as it is in this
            case, on a starbase is unlikely to happen to many new ensigns. Klingon
            Captains in starfleet are usually zooming around the galaxy in their
            starships.

            *Blackwell looked at her, hoping it would be enough for her to drop
            the subject. It was highly unusual for Nolan to feel any emotions when
            it came to reporting in to a superior but he felt a little chill of
            discomfort and nervousness, the yellow eyes that looked at him were
            cold yet at the same time comforting and experienced. It was a feeling
            he never experienced before and he prayed that it would be a one off,
            the captain caught him off guard with the question and he would have
            to be careful with what he said in future to avoid any other quick
            thinking answers.*

            <<Captain>>

            Nolan: I have a major in Engineering and a minor in helm ma'am. I do
            like to pilot shuttles, runabouts etc but engineering has always been
            in the blood.

            <<Captain??>>

            -------------------------
            Ensign Blackwell
            Engineer
            Starbase Taurus

            OFF

            Cpt. K'ruska
            CO
          • eternalwytch1
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 24, 2006
              Nolan: Well Captain to be honest, and without you taking any offense
              to this, serving under a Klingon captain, or half as it is in this
              case, on a Starbase is unlikely to happen to many new ensigns. Klingon
              Captains in Starfleet are usually zooming around the galaxy in their
              starships.

              K'ruska: So, you like the idea of working with a Klingon fusion huh? *She
              chuckled and shook her head*

              Nolan: I have a major in Engineering and a minor in helm ma'am. I do
              like to pilot shuttles, runabouts etc but engineering has always been
              in the blood.

              K'ruska: *Waving a hand* I know all about the obsessive nature of engineers.
              *she leaned forward* Know this, I will expect nothing less that perfection
              from you, ensign you may be, but you will act like an officer. Now, you
              report for duty at 0700 hours tomorrow, so you have today to get settled and
              look around the base. Any questions?

              OFF

              Cpt. K'ruska
              CO