Nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. itself [Attn: Captain K'ruska]

  • Capt. Derrick J. Williams, Jr.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2006
      <<HOPPER Runabout Super Six-One

      Two Marine-modified runabout gunships flanked a larger HOPPER (Heavy
      Orbital/Planetary Penetration and Evacuation Runabout) class runabout.
      In the Command and Control center of the HOPPER, Marine Captain Max
      Payne finished the last few evaluation reports, since he finally had
      some time to read and review them.

      The leader of the 5th Forward Espionage, Assault, and Reconnaissance
      Company's "Strike Team", 1Lt. Leon Scott Kennedy, came to Max's side
      within the somewhat busy CNC. "Hey Skipper," Leon said as he joined Max.

      Max put down the final PADD. "What's up kid?"

      "We're almost at the station. Come on over to comms."

      Max rose from his chair and walked to the communications station. He
      opened a channel to the station. "Starbase Taurus, this is Shadow
      Five-One on Super Six-One, requesting clearance to land, over."

      "Super Six-One, clearance granted. You may land on Bay One-one over."

      "Roger that Taurus Control, Super Six-One out."

      The line was cut and Max motioned to the pilots, giving them the
      landing information. He turned back to Leon. "Send a message to the
      base commander. Tell him or her to meet us at bay one-one."

      "Yes sir." Leon went to work on the order.

      Now, all Max had to do was wait and land. His things was still packed,
      but his battle rattle was nearby, ready should he need to use it. But
      considering the amount of action the company went through to get here,
      he needed a break, and some relief.

      >Captain K'ruska<

      MCpt. Max Payne (SFMC)
      Commanding Officer, 5th FEAR Co.; 501st STARS
      Starbase Taurus
      "Let's Dance."
    • eternalwytch1
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2006
        The line was cut and Max motioned to the pilots, giving them the
        landing information. He turned back to Leon. "Send a message to the
        base commander. Tell him or her to meet us at bay one-one."

        "Yes sir." Leon went to work on the order.

        Now, all Max had to do was wait and land. His things was still packed,
        but his battle rattle was nearby, ready should he need to use it. But
        considering the amount of action the company went through to get here,
        he needed a break, and some relief.

        ON

        <<Landing Bay>>

        *K'ruska leaned against the bulkhead and waited. The tall Klingon/Human
        Fusion was not in a good mood. Her beautiful face was set in a scowl and she
        had this urge to get roaring drunk and beat the shit out of someone. She
        knew why she was in a mood, but damned if she could do anything about it.
        She turned her head and her new pips caught the light as she glared at an
        ensign who had dropped a wrench on the floor. The ensign scurried out of her
        sight, fearful that the woman might turn him into a greasy spot on the
        floor.*

        K'ruska: (Hurry the fuck up you Pa'TaQing Marines! I am not in the mood to
        stand here all day!)

        OFF

        Captain K'ruska
        CO

        --
        This email is certified free of bugs and determined to be fat, fluff and
        stupidity free!
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2006
          That should be BETTER!! Good grief...I should NEVER post before 6 AM.

          --
          This email is certified free of bugs and determined to be fat, fluff and
          stupidity free!
        • Derrick Williams, Jr.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 13, 2006
[...]

            *The doors opened and appeared in space the HOPPER and dwarfing two gunship runabouts at each of its side. Each craft turned around and backed into the bay, coming to a soft landing. As their engines winned down, all of their doors opened. First outside were the crew chiefs, doing their procedures of securing the crafts. Then, dress in their Class A uniforms with their rank and decorations, the 5th FEAR Company stepped out of their runabouts, led by Max Payne. His eyes scanned the bay and came upon a strikingly voluptuous and beautiful Klingon/Human woman with four gold pips on her neck. Carrying his gear, he walked towards her in a bee line. Upon being a foot away form her, he laid his gear to the ground and saluted her.*

            Payne: Captain K'ruska, Marine Captain Maxwell Payne, Commander of the 5th FEAR Company, reporting for duty ma'am.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2006
              Payne: Captain K'ruska, Marine Captain Maxwell Payne, Commander of the 5th
              FEAR Company, reporting for duty ma'am.

              ON

              K'ruska: *Returning the salute and eying the Human with blazing yellow eyes*
              Secure your men and then meet me in my office. You have ten minutes! *She
              stalked off, growling when someone didn't move out of her way fast enough.*

              Payne: Aye aye. *He turned to his unit and they followed a Section
              Quartermaster to their area.*

              *Eight minutes later, Max appeared at K'ruska's office in his digital MARPAT
              duty uniform. He rang her door chime.*

              <<K'ruska's office>>

              *K'ruska had taken the few minutes to pull her anger under control. She
              hadn't seen Tevar in days and it had triggered the building rage inside her.
              When the chime rang she called out*

              K'ruska: Enter!

              *The doors opened in front of him and Max entered her office. He stood at
              attention in front of her desk.*

              Payne: Captain, reporting as ordered.

              K'ruska: Sit down Captain Payne. (Payne...how appropriate) Let's go over the
              rules shall we?

              Payne: *took his seat* Thank you. Yes ma'am. I'm sure you've been briefed on
              our unit's.

              K'ruska: *Voice a snarl* Don't call me ma'am. (Just what I need...Marines to
              trip over! Ridgeless Klingons...Kahless save me!) Yes, I have and let's make
              one thing crystal clear. You may rule your Marines, but -I- rule this base.
              You do nothing without my okay, is that clear? Special Ops means shit to me,
              they don't have the lives of every single being on this base and the planet
              below in their hands, I do. My first concern will always be them. *She
              looked up as her aide brought in coffee for them both, her's in a heavy
              Klingon sized mug.* Thank you Harford...now go away.

              Harford: *Giving her a look* Yes sir. *He strolled out, not the least bit
              afraid of her or her moods.*

              Payne: I am fully aware of that ma'am.

              K'ruska: *Giving him a long stare* No arguments? Maybe Kahless is giving me
              a break. *She sipped her Raktajino, the brew so strong the scent filled the
              room*

              Payne: No ma'am. This is your base. We just have space in it. We are at your
              disposal should you need marine assistance in defending this base.

              K'ruska: Drink your coffee Captain. *She paused* Do you like bloodwine? I
              need a drinking partner for tonight...just drinking mind you, try anything
              else and I'll remove your...weapon. (Yeah, a good drunk and I'll be fine.)

              Payne: *sipped his coffee* Thank you for the invite. And I am an officer and
              a gentleman first.

              K'ruska: Good...meet me at the Battle Wine at 1900 hours. We'll break open a
              cask of wine and see how many fights we can get into. (Not like I have
              anything better to do.)

              Payne: *chuckles* Looking forward to it ma'am. (Hopefully she doesn't hit on
              or hit me.)

              OFF

              Captain K'ruska
              CO

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 15, 2006
                K'ruska: Good...meet me at the Battle Wine at 1900 hours. We'll break open a
                cask of wine and see how many fights we can get into. (Not like I have
                anything better to do.)

                Payne: *chuckles* Looking forward to it ma'am. (Hopefully she doesn't hit on
                or hit me.)

                ON

                <<Battle Wine; 1900 hours>>

                *K'ruska sat at a front table, open cask before her. She dipped her glass
                into it and drank deeply. She was in a foul mood and spoiling for a good
                fight. If the Human didn't arrive soon, she would drink alone and fight
                alone.*

                OFF

                Captain K'ruska
                CO

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 16, 2006
                  K'ruska: Good...meet me at the Battle Wine at 1900 hours. We'll break open a
                  cask of wine and see how many fights we can get into. (Not like I have
                  anything better to do.)

                  Payne: *chuckles* Looking forward to it ma'am. (Hopefully she doesn't hit on
                  or hit me.)

                  ON

                  <<Battle Wine; 1900 hours>>

                  *K'ruska sat at a front table, open cask before her. She dipped her glass
                  into it and drank deeply. She was in a foul mood and spoiling for a good
                  fight. If the Human didn't arrive soon, she would drink alone and fight
                  alone.*

                  *Payne, dressed in civilian wear, walked into the establishment the Captain told him of. Looking around, it wasn't hard to find the Captain at the bar, already into the Klingon bloodwine. He walked to her and took the seat next to her.*

                  Payne: Nineteen hundred, just as you asked ma'am.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 16, 2006
                    *Payne, dressed in civilian wear, walked into the establishment the Captain
                    told him of. Looking around, it wasn't hard to find the Captain at the bar,
                    already into the Klingon bloodwine. He walked to her and took the seat next
                    to her.*

                    Payne: Nineteen hundred, just as you asked ma'am.

                    ON

                    K'ruska: Punctual...a good thing in a Marine and drinking partner. *she
                    handed him a glass* Help yourself. *She refilled her own and drank deeply*
                    So tell me Payne...what was your most glorious battle to date? Let's swap
                    stories and sing battle songs before getting into a bloody fight.

                    OFF

                    Captain K'ruska
                    CO