How to Tat books

  • storey_12
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2005
      Hi All,

      I'm just curious. I've been wanting to find a book
      on how to (shuttle) tat and haven't a clue as to what
      would be the best one to buy.
      If any of you could suggest a good book, I'd really
      appreciate it.

      Thanks so much,

      Jenny
    • Dina.Jones@faa.gov
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2005
        Hi there! Before purchasing a book, try going to your local library and
        see if they may have a few of them there. Check them out, try them out,
        and, then, you could choose the book that best works for you. Not only
        that, you'll help the library system know that tatting is still a "living"
        art and they should continue to get books that show how to do them. What
        I found best (using the libraray system) was a VHS tape showing 'how to'
        shuttle tat. When I found the one that suited me best, I went on the net
        and purchased it. Give it a try. Enjoy, and God Bless ;D in Oklahoma
        City

        "storey_12" <storey_12@...>
        01/13/2005 10:33 AM
        Please respond to
        tattingroundtheworld@yahoogroups.com

        tattingroundtheworld@yahoogroups.com
        cc

        Subject
        [Tatting Round The World] How to Tat books

        Hi All,

        I'm just curious. I've been wanting to find a book
        on how to (shuttle) tat and haven't a clue as to what
        would be the best one to buy.
        If any of you could suggest a good book, I'd really
        appreciate it.

        Thanks so much,

        Jenny

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tatting Lady
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2005
          Dear Jenny,
          If you will contact the tattinglady@..., I will help you with
          tatting. Donna
          > I'm just curious. I've been wanting to find a book
          > on how to (shuttle) tat and haven't a clue as to what
          > would be the best one to buy.
          > If any of you could suggest a good book, I'd really
          > appreciate it.
          >
          > Thanks so much,
          >
          > Jenny
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • skyblueauctions
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2005
            I like to learn from books as well, and even though I learned
            needle-tatting from a hands-on class at a nearby needle-arts store, I
            learned the basics of shuttle tatting from _the DMC BOOK OF charted
            TATTING DESIGNS_ No. 15220. I found it at Michael's or JoAnne's, I
            don't remember which. Pretty good pictures that I used step-by-step,
            and then as you learn the steps, it gives you a little pattern to
            practice that step.

            ~Michelle D.

            --- In tattingroundtheworld@yahoogroups.com, "storey_12"
            <storey_12@y...> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > I'm just curious. I've been wanting to find a book
            > on how to (shuttle) tat and haven't a clue as to what
            > would be the best one to buy.
            > If any of you could suggest a good book, I'd really
            > appreciate it.
            >
            > Thanks so much,
            >
            > Jenny
          • Jane Eborall
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2005
              Hi Jenny
              For a really easy how to shuttle tat book try this store.
              http://www.hhtatting.com/ At the bottom of this page
              http://www.hhtatting.com/results.cfm?ABC=L you will find a booklet
              called Learn Tatting with Lacet (Peel). It's VERY clearly written and
              easy to follow. I know the author and she's done several excellent
              tatting pattern booklets too. I've bought from Handy Hands many times
              in the past and I live in the UK. Excellent and friendly service.
              Best of luck with the shuttle tatting.
              Jane
              janeeborall@...
              http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ - Tatting Patterns