Reverse Tatting

  • kuumatiger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am new to tatting but have a very inquisitive mind. I would like to
      ask about reverse tatting. There is a way to tat with a shuttle even
      if you don't know how to do the "flip" and that is called reverse
      tatting (as in split ring). I feel it is easier, and if one was new
      and didn't know any better, they would think it is actually the
      "correct" way to tat, and flipping it is the reverse way. All the
      techniques can be accomplished in reverse (I think), just as in
      directional. Alot of people give up with the shuttle (my sister
      included) because they can't get the "flip". I showed my sister how
      to tat in reverse and problem solved! She's happy she gets to use
      the shuttle now. I was wondering why reverse tatting isn't taught as
      an alternative?

      Thank you in advance for your response.

      Michele C.