Hello to all

  • Rosa
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I hope you all had a good week-end. I had a great one. My DH took me
      to an antique mall and I found what I think was a good buy. I got 36
      rolls of tatting thread (some was used) and 2 shuttles for $20.00.
      The Tatting thread had a lot of colors that I haven't seen before,
      and my mind is already working on what I can make with it. The
      shuttles were metal, one had most of the silver wore off of it. It
      was just a metal shuttle with a point instead of a hook, and the
      other one is really neat. It is called a "Justrite" it twists apart
      so that you don't have to force the thread between the ends. You
      just twist it apart and wind the thread, then put it back together
      again. I can't wait to try it out. Does anyone know about this type
      of shuttle?

      We went to 2 antique malls, and I only seen 4 shuttles total. One
      was a red clover selling for $12.00 and the other was a modern Boyle
      selling for $8.00. Maybe I should sell mine. What really tickled me
      was on the clover, they didn't know what it was but it was
      marked, "Vintage sewing tool". Oh well, I hope they get what they
      are asking. I still think I got the best deal, 2 shuttles for $4.00.
      And the thread for $16.

      Sorry to bother you all, but I am just excited and no one around here
      really understands my kind of excitement.

      You all have a great week.

      Sissymom
      NATA #577
      NUTS ABOUT TATTING ASSOCIATION