Re: Hi

  • grannyx2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi Joy...The doily you have in progress is the one I am working on
      right now. I am pretty much of a newbe when it comes to shuttle
      tatting. Can you tell me if there is a way to start a new row
      without cutting the thread, and starting new ones? Jeanne in Ohio

      <joy_bern@d...> wrote:
      > Thank you for allowing me to join this group I hope we have a happy
      > time getting to know each other and sharing our tatting etc..I have
      > uploaded two photo's of a large doily finished and the start of a
      > new one.
      > At the present time I am trying the backside/frontside tatting and
      > designing a doily of my own.
      > Hugs to all Joy in OZ (Australia)
    • Cynthia Stevenson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
        Hi to all the tattingroundtheworld people.  Thank you for allowing me to join you.  I'm currently list mom for newshuttlesandneedles a site dedicated to beginning tatters and those who love to help others learn the art and skill.  We will have classes again beginning in January.  You can join us--right now it is on a yahoo chat/conference and is a series that will run thru the first week of December with the 4th Thursday in November off for the American Thanksgiving.
        I've been tatting 20+ years and only about 2 years ago discovered patterns and a whole world of stitches/techniques I  didn't know existed.  I began on shuttle only learning how to make rings and picots--no chains.  I did that for a long time making up different (limited tho it was) designs/patterns as I went.  I didn't have chains until I accidentally picked up the "wrong" thread after winding my shuttle and it was a surprise when the "ring" didn't close.  I now also needle tat as I can use yarn and thicker, heavier threads and am really enjoying the fun of different fibers.
        I have a home based business but don't use my tatting friends to advertise.  I do occasionally forget to remove all my contact info for my business from my signature line.  If I forget, I apologize in advance. If you are currious please e-mail me off site.
        Peace, Cynthia

        Everyone talks about a better tomorrow, but wouldn't it be nice if we started by making today a little more pleasant? John N. Logan, artist

      • quiltingmachine@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
          Welcome to our group! Your classes sound very interesting. I don't have much experience tatting myself.

          Glad you joined us!

          Bunnie