Re: New member

  • bronzelady200032000 <bronzelady200032000
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
      --- In tattingroundtheworld@yahoogroups.com, "lm_pellerin
      <lmpellerin@m...>" <lmpellerin@m...> wrote:
      > I am a new member as well and just lurking a little bit to see
      what's
      > up.
      >
      > I am from Colorado USA and have been needle tatting for a little
      over
      > a year. I also knit, crochet and do ceramics.
      >
      > Like you I have found needle tatting to be quite addictive and
      > portable.
      >
      > Welcome, Leeza

      Hullo Leeza, Thank you for your message, nice to hear from you.
      Sheila
    • plant_queen
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2003
        Hi there,

        I finally have a moment to catch up on the group messages. Seems
        things have picked up since the Christmas lull.

        I'm a needle tatter, too! Seems like we are the minority here, but
        it's all good. What types of projects are you working on? My next
        challenge is to learn how to crochet over tatting to make a doily
        pattern that I've been drooling over for quite some time. My other
        challenge is finding needles small enough. I really like the tight,
        tiny look of shuttle tatting. However, I can't get my work small
        enough for my liking with an extra fine needle. So far, that's the
        smallest needle I've found. I've just learned split rings, too.

        Happy tatting,
        Plant Queen
      • Cheryl
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
          I was reading your post and was thinking to myself that you sound
          like you would like to try using a shuttle to tat. You would
          deffinately be able to get your work as small as you would like.
          Just a thought ;)
          I'm currently working on a bracelet for the bracelet exchange, but
          have about 13 things on the go. Always wanting to try something new.
          I've also been asked to teach a tatting group at the library here
          and am mulling over what and how I want to start it. Should I start
          with doodles or just rings and chains. I thought the class might
          want to actually start and finish a tiny project, just to feel that
          they have completed something. Anyways that's what I've been working
          on.

          Always learning

          Cheryl C
          > Hi there,
          What types of projects are you working on? My next
          > challenge is to learn how to crochet over tatting to make a doily
          > pattern that I've been drooling over for quite some time. My
          other
          > challenge is finding needles small enough. I really like the
          tight,
          > tiny look of shuttle tatting. However, I can't get my work small
          > enough for my liking with an extra fine needle. So far, that's
          the
          > smallest needle I've found. I've just learned split rings, too.

          > Plant Queen
        • carol
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 12 5:21 PM
            Hi,
            I have just been accepted as a member--wonderful. To tell you a little bit about myself---my grandmother taught me to tat with a shuttle when I was a teenager and that was quite a long time ago. I still use her shuttle when I do any tatting. She and her sister were both tatters.
            I love many types of needlework including knitting, crocheting, cross stitch but always have had a special fondness for tatting. It is amazing to me that so few people can recognize tatting or have any idea how to do it. I have a simple cross bookmark I make that people always love. I feel a person should pass their knowledge on to others but can't find anyone that is willing to let me teach them.
            Have any of you made the same observations?
            Anyway, I am looking forward to finding new information and web sites for tatting.
            Thank you, Amy, for accepting me into your group.
            Carol from Kalamazoo, Michigan

          • Dina.Jones@faa.gov
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 17 11:15 AM
              Welcome Carol! That is so awesome that you still have your grandmother's
              shuttle!!!!! I got excited just reading that. I wish I had known that
              tatting existed back in my teenaged years, I might be a little better at
              it, now. I am an avid crocheter, but tatting is definitely one of the
              beautiful crafts that I have been trying to learn. I have seen some of the
              most wonderful shuttles, but to have your own antique, special shuttle is
              awesome. Keep stitching! God Bless ;D in Oklahoma City

              "carol"
              <romertwo@charter To: <tattingroundtheworld@yahoogroups.com>
              .net> cc:
              Subject: [Tatting Round The World] New member
              09/12/2003 07:21
              PM
              Please respond to
              tattingroundthewo
              rld

[...]

            • Jane Eborall
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 10, 2004
                Hi Tonia
                I'm in the UK but have recently spent six weeks in Cincinnati - love,
                love, love your country. Almost as much as
                tatting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some instructions for the SR
                and SCMR in the techniques section on my web site if they are of any
                use to you.
                Jane

                when you have a problem with > that darn SR Ü. I do many other
                crafts, but tatting seems to be my
                > passion, with it being so easy to cary with you wherever you go it
                > is became another part of me. I currently live in Indiana in the
                > USA where I can stand in the middle of the road out in the front of
                > our house and be in Ohio and Indiana at the same time. Just an odd
                > little fact that I like to share.

                janeeborall@...
                http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ - Tatting Patterns
                http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~nickeb/ - Tatting Patterns