Re: [Tatting Round The World] Digest Number 106

  • Erin Holloway
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
      Greetings all! I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Erin, and I live
      in Tennessee. I taught myself to tat from the good, old Coats and Clark
      "Learn How Book" when I was a kid. I'm a lot older now. I also like to
      knit and crochet (thread is my favorite). I sew, quilt, and paint also.
      Tatting is my constant companion, however. Everywhere I go I most
      certainly have a shuttle and some thread on hand!

      Presently I'm working on finishing some handkerchief edgings for presents,
      as well as some snowflake ornaments for my nieces and nephews. Oh, yeah.
      I'm 45, live with Raymond, my significant other, have four cats
      (Chunky-boy, Princess Stinky, Noxzema and Listerine), and about 4 bushels
      of thread hidden and not-so-hidden all over the house (in bags, boxes,
      bins, etc.).

      Erin in Tenn.
      NATA #85
    • plant_queen
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        Hi, Erin!

        Nice to meet a fellow tatter who is also a cat lover! What special
        names they have, each with a story, I'm sure. I don't have anywhere
        near 4 bushels of thread (YET!), but it is a goal I hope to achieve
        someday! lol Mine is all CAREFULLY hidden away. If not, my
        beautiful meezer, Burleo, and his naughty sidekick, Stealth (my
        roommates' meezer), will nip the threads in two and drag them through
        the house, thus relinquishing yet another project to the "Tidbits for
        Embellishments" pile. My tatting basket now hangs from my bedroom
        ceiling when I'm not working on it! As long as 'the boys' don't
        learn how to get out the ladder, I should be fine! :)

        Happy Holidays,

        Plant Queen
      • quiltingmachine
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002