MP: Just popping in to say ......

  • janeluvs2tat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      I'm going to start a new Tat It And See on January 12th. Prior to that (on the 5th) I will be launching a small practice piece for those 'of a nervous disposition)!!!
      For those who have never heard of a TIAS here is an explanation.
      The idea of the game is that the designer releases part of a new pattern every few days (giving those who go out to work, are slow or have young families time to complete each part). There will only be a few elements to work each time and you can always leave it to do whenever you like but it's such fun when you work it with a bunch of other people!!!
      This time I am hoping that all those who can manage the basics of ring, chain and split ring will be able to complete the pattern and still learn a bit on the way. One 'new to many' technique can be practiced before we start and instructions and a link to that and further information (including what you will need to work the piece) will be added to the TIAS blog (and my regular one) on January 5th. The url's for the TIAS blog is in my signature below. The 'not quite new' technique is only used once in the pattern and will be on day 2. There will be only one pair of ends to work in when the piece is finished. A few beads will be added to picots as you join but again that is simple.
      During the TIAS all comments, pictures of work in progress and anything else you can think of during the game can be sent to me and I will add these to the Tat It And See blog. Please keep all guesses private (well, you can tell me!!) so as not to spoil the fun for others!! These guesses will be posted (with dates!) at the end. Any private comments will be kept out of the blog!!!
      I do hope that you'll join in and I'll be here to give additional help throughout.
      Jane

      http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ - Tatting patterns
      http://janeeborall.blogspot.com/ - Blog
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/janeeborall - Etsy shop