MP: Tatting Party in April

  • patdtats@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Good Afternoon Tatters and Happy New Year.

      We are having a party and you are invited!!!
      The Shuttlebirds Tatting Guild of Spokane presents its 11th Annual
      Tatting Workshop "Garden Party".
      Friday and Saturday, April 20-21, 2007
      Spokane, Washington

      That is only 3 months and 19 days, or 15 weeks and 4 days, or 109 days
      away, depending on how you want to count time. Just remember, time
      flies by quite quickly.

      We are busy putting together all of the class and registration
      information and will be posting it to our website www.shuttlebirds.com
      very soon.

      The hours on Friday are 11:00 am - 8:30 pm. There will be two class
      sessions and the tat-off after dinner. Saturday the doors open at 8:00
      am. There will be three class sessions and the doors will close after
      dinner. Of course there will also be lots of door prizes, tat chat
      and shopping.

      Until then here are some tidbits to tempt and tease you.

      Our teachers will be Lois Bresnahan, Sheryl Dille, Bev Dillon, Mimi
      Dillman, Bina Madden, Karen Miner, Pat Stevens, Mary McCarthy, Venessa
      Godfrey, Terry McGuffin, Ruth Perry, Georgia Seitz, and Karey Solomon.

      We are planning a lot of fun this year with three contests - a theme,
      juried show and a tat-off. The theme contest and juried show will be
      open to all tatters so those who are unable to join us in person can
      join us in tatting.

      The theme contest has just two categories - tatted item, and
      embellished item. Entries do not have to be an original design and are
      limited to 3 per person/per category. The only size restriction is
      they must be larger that 1" in diameter.

      The juried show has three categories - youth (17 and under), adult (18-
      64) and senior (65 and up). Classes are doilies under 12", doilies
      over 12", bookmarks (2), holiday (2 flat or 1 3D), clothing article,
      edgings (attached to item), motif (2 identical), tatting as
      embellishment, and other. Entries are limited to 1 per person/per
      class.

      If you have any questions please just ask.
      We look forward to seeing you again, or for the first time, in April.

      Patti Duff and the workshop committee
      Spokane WA
    • Bina Madden
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi Everyone...

        I want to give Patti Duff and Shuttlebirds Workshop Committee a big
        round of applause and sincerest THANKS for bringing to you a selection
        of the best teachers in our Art of Tatting. They have been working
        their buns off in preparation for this upcoming event in April!!!

        It is my pleasure to teach again at Shuttlebirds Guild this year with
        a class featuring a new unique piece incorporating several techniques
        and a second class teaching the Celtic Knotted Picot (CKP) technique.

        If you are curious to see something of what's in store in my class,
        you can see one of the pieces I will be teaching here:)

        http://tinyurl.com/y3so9j

        I know I am always in the mood for a Tatting Party!!! Hope to see you there:)

        Happiest Tatting...

        Bina Madden
        Everett WA
        NATA#465