MP: With the falling of leaves

  • Bina Madden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2006
      HI All

      I just had to rave a bit. I got something delight from my friend
      Karey Solomon in the mail for sharing some of my lessons with her
      group with a sweet thank you card from the members who took the class.
      Two of her published booklets. I am so jazzed.

      Her booklet called "Tatting turns over a new leaf" (c) 2005. It's
      packed with some really awesome leaf patterns for anyone who is
      looking for different types of leaves to tat. For example: Oak Leaf,
      Geranium Leaf, Pine Needles & Pine Cone,Silver Maple Leaf, Ginko Leaf,
      Hop Hornbeam Leaf, Horn Chestnut Leaf and my personal favorite the
      Sassafras or Mulberry Leaf, she also includes techniques like the Lock
      Chain and Floating chain in this booklet. Her instructions are easy
      to follow and models are photographed beautifully. All done in half
      page size in 30 pages.

      The other surprise was Shutteworth Cottage (c) 2006. This booklet is
      a is just amazing. Karey put together a picture scape of a cottage
      all done in tattings. She shows you step by step how to construct
      this cottage in from beginning to end. For anyone who enjoys Helma
      Siepmann's floral work or making tatted pictorial work this one is so
      inspirational. This booklet has 50 pages in the half page size.

      With Christmas coming I thought I would mention these two books as
      suggestions for stocking stuffers, but then again who needs Christmas.
      They are worth it anytime of the year!!! If you are interested in
      inquiring how to get the booklets for yourself or someone else
      possibly for a holiday exchange, contact Karey Solomon at
      thread#empacc.net, (replace # with @) for more information.

      Since I can see a couple of these leaves worked in Beanile fashion,
      being inspired by Nina's pattern "Autumn in Connecticut", I will
      recommend visiting Nina Libin's website for her Lace Periodicals as
      well. I love Nina's work too and her publications would also make
      nice gifts for the coming holiday season. http://www.beanile.com

      Often I am asked what to get for a tatter and or what a relative
      should think of. I hope this helps someone find something kool that
      will be appreciated. We have some really great talent out there, this
      email would be really very long if I didn't stop here in listing my
      favorites!!

      Happy tatting...

      Bina Madden
      Everett WA