Tatting Class

  • Brenda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2006
      I took the beginning tatting classes on Georgia Seitz website. It
      was great and I learned alot and got connected to a whole site of
      info and patterns etc. So, I have a summer of learning to do before
      the classes restart again in the fall.

      I really have to learn how tight together to squish my stitches to
      cover the core thread. And I am going to experiment with a smaller
      needle size.

      I am working on an awareness ribbon in two colours.

      I have spent alot of time outside watching the insects and bees on my
      flowers now that it is the beginning of summer here in BC, Canada.
      My favourites are the bumblebees ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 1
      1/2 inches. I should like to tatt them but I don't suppose one could
      tatt a fuzzy bee?

      Hope everyone is well and finding time to tatt.

      Brenda aka bctoadlover
    • Donna Kelly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006
        Dear Brenda, Tatting with a shuttle will result in a tighter finish. The
        needle method will be looser because the thread is cast over a needle. When
        the needle is removed, the look is a little looser where as shuttle tatting
        is thread over thread. The shuttle holds more thread and you tat a longer
        edging before adding new thread. Donna Kelly, The Tatting Lady
        tattinglady@...