MAJOR HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLAITONS AGAINST MUSLIMS/TATARS IN MOSCOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • M DK
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004

      HUNDREDS OF MUSLIMS/TATARS HAVE BEEN GROUNDLESSLY DETAINED, HUMILIATED AND HARRASSED BY POLICE AFTER FRIDAY PRAYERS OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS IN MOSCOW (see below)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "MUSLIM DATABASE" IS BEING CREATED BY MOSCOW AUTHORITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT'S NEXT?  DEPORTATIONS?  DEATH CAMPS?

      >From: "IIIC"
      >To: mdk51@...
      >Subject: Islam.Ru news
      >Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:00:40 +0300
      >
      >Independent Islamic Information Channel Islam.Ru
      >Newsletter
      >

      >News in Russia
      >
      >Muslim �sweeps� started in Moscow
      >
      >[02-03-2004] About 100 Muslim were detained last Friday in Moscow leaving the Historic mosque. For several weeks already the Muslim who come for the Friday sermon to the Moscow historic mosque undergo humiliating raids and searches.
      >
      >Officers referring to the �instructions from above� detain all men irrespective of nationality and documents present. They demand that the detained announce their names, surnames, place of birth, place of residence, work, etc into the video camera and force them to spend the rest of the day in the police station where they are registered in �the Muslim database�, despite the present registration and all necessary documents. Many of the detained are asked to collaborate with the police.
      >
      >According to the Muslims who suffered from the arbitrariness of the Moscow police officers, Muslims with Moscow registration and Russia Muslims were also detained. Despite the legal order providing for the fact that only those who made administrative violation can be detained for no more than 3 hours, many Muslim whose violation seems to be the leaving from mosque, spent over 5 hours in the police station.
      >
      >Apart from that similar actions were held in the Moscow Cathedral mosque and earlier in the Memorial mosque.
      >
      >Such raids are not commented either by the police or mass media. According to the Muslims, the actions are aimed at weakening the Islamic community through direct intimidation and formation of the atmosphere of distrust.

      >Islam.Ru news department

      Help STOP spam with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*