[tatar-l] New serious books about us Tatars, in English

  • bukharavil@cwcom.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 1999
      Qaderle duslar!

      I am glad to inform the Tatars all over the cyberworld that by this fall three major books in English on Tatar history, politics and culture will be available through Curzon Publisher Limited in London, UK. The books are

      R. Bukharaev and D. Matthews, 'Historical Anthology of Kazan Tatar Verse, 12 - 20 centuries', 280pp.
      R. Bukharaev, 'Islam in Russia. The Four Seasons', 280pp. The book deals with the ancient and not so ancient history of Islam in the Middle Volga region.
      R. Bukharaev, 'The Model of Tatarstan under President Shaimiev', 200pp.

      All books come in hard cover with illustrations. If any of you ever wondered how to present Tatar history and culture to your English-speaking friends and relatives, here is a possible answer.

      You may send your orders to Curzon Press Internet site. With any questions, please, come to me as the author.

      Sau bulygiz,

      Ravil Bukharaev

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tatar-l