Chechnya peace(?)

  • Reshat Sabiq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2000
      Selam,
      The following excerpts and their links have been
      posted at:
      http://geocities.com/chechenistan

      ``Talks are going on and there is one goal: to stop
      the fighting. The military is also tired of war... I'm
      willing to conduct talks with whomever necessary.
      Negotiations are under way. And they will be held --
      with Maskhadov and with Gelayev... (Refugees should)
      tell Maskhadov and Basayev to stop fighting. And we
      see only one goal for us there -- an end to war.''
      (Viktor Kazantsev, Putin's envoy to the North
      Caucasus)
      (The only issue under discussion was) ``the
      extremists' capitulation and their surrender of
      weapons...[?]''(Konstantin Makeyev, a deputy to the
      Kremlin's chief spokesman on Chechnya)

      Xormetler,
      Reshat.

      http://invites.yahoo.com/