[tatar-l] article on bombings in Moscow

  • Uli Schamiloglu
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2000
      I am sure that many of you will find this of interest.

      ******
      Johnson's Russia List

      ******
      The Independent (UK)
      [for personal use only]
      By Helen Womack in Moscow
      The Independent has obtained a videotape on which a Russian officer, captured
      by the Chechens, "confesses" that Russian special services committed the
      Moscow apartment-block bombings that ignited the latest war in Chechnya and
      propelled Vladimir Putin into the Kremlin.
      On the video, shot by a Turkish journalist last month before Grozny was
      finally cut off by Russian forces, the captured Russian identifies himself as
      Alexei Galtin of the GRU (Russian military intelligence service). The bearded
      captive acknowledges as his own papers displayed by the Chechens that
      identify him as a "Senior Lieutenant, Armed Special Services, General
      Headquarters for Special Forces of the Russian Federation".
      The Ministry of Defence was checking yesterday whetherthere was indeed such a
      GRU officer. "Even if he exists, you understand what methods could have been
      used on him in captivity," said a junior officer, who asked not to be named.
      Colonel Yakov Firsov of the Ministry of Defence said on the record: "The
      (Chechen) bandits feel their end is near and so they are using all manner of
      dirty tricks in the information war. This is a provocation. This is rubbish.
      The Russian armed forces protect the people. It is impossible that they would
      attack their own people."
      On the video, Lieutenant Galtin said he was captured at the border between
      Dagestan and Chechnya while on a mine-laying mission. "I did not take part in
      the explosions of the buildings in Moscow and Dagestan but I have information
      about it. I know who is responsible for the bombings in Moscow (and
      Dagestan). It is the FSB (Russian security service), in cooperation with the
      GRU, that is responsible for the explosions in Volgodonsk and Moscow." He
      then named other GRU officers.
      Nearly 300 people died when four multi-storey apartment blocks were destroyed
      by terrorist bombs in September. The attacks provoked Mr. Putin, appointed
      prime minister the month before, to launch a new war in Chechnya.
      Sedat Aral, a photographer with ISF News Pictures, said he shot the video in
      a bunker in Grozny, where he met Abu Musayev, head of Chechen rebel
      intelligence. Mr Musayev said the Chechens could prove they were not
      responsible for the apartment-block bombings.
      The Russian public backs the "anti-terrorist campaign" in Chechnya, which has
      so boosted the popularity of its author, Mr Putin, that Boris Yeltsin has
      retired early to make way for his chosen successor.
      However the war started, the beneficiary is clearly Mr Putin. The former head
      of Russia's domestic intelligence service is now poised to realise his
      presidential ambitions.
      ******

      Uli Schamiloglu
      Associate Professor of Central Asian Studies
      Department of Languages and Cultures of Asia
      1452 Van Hise Hall -- University of Wisconsin
      1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 USA
      tel. 1-608-262-7141 off.; 1-608-262-3012 dept.; 1-608-265-3538 fax
      E-mail: uschamil@...
    • Vil Mirzayanov
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2000
        This remind me "confessions" of millions of innocent people arrested by KGB in
        Stalin's times in any offered them crime ( they had had a choice!). I think Abu
        Musaev, Shamil Basaev and others are very good students of Beria and other
        criminals of Russia. The beheaded by these students Britain ingineers also had
        confessed in being western ( not russian) spyes against Chechnya. Should we be
        sorry that Ms.Helen Womack or another reporter didn't tape their confession?
        Dr. Vil Mirzayanov

      • Resat Sabik
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
          Although it's true that such a confession might have
          been forced, i trust Chechens billions of times more
          than russians. The high probability that russian KGB
          itself exploded it's own people blaiming then Chechens
          has been mentioned by political scientists since the
          very beginning of the last genocide. One particualrly
          interesting question was "Why Chechens stopped
          explosions now as they suffer so much, if they had
          made explosions when they didn't suffer?". Another
          question was "What did they do(?) it for? It didn't
          further their cause."

          I consider this tape to be decisive and concrete proof
          of the KGB's genocide against Chechens, as well as
          russians!!! (This is especially true if no serious
          vestages of wounds or tortures were seen on the
          confesser)

          Resat.

          http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=tatar-l&m=1

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Resat Sabik
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
            I wouldn't like my "luck" to befall on any decent
            person, i'd like this "luck" to putin though. And
            it'll be, in the postmortum, insha'Allah.

            --- Vil Mirzayanov <mirzayanov@...>

            === message truncated ===

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Ravil Selihmet
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
              Now I have seen and read it all! Mr. Vil Mirzayan, the disciple of Dr. Sakharov( for whom I have the utmost respect) now calls the Chechens, fighting for their freedom bandits!! May I ask him humbly, and what do you call the Russians, who are commiting Genocide in Chechenya?
              Ravil Selihmet

              Resat Sabik wrote:

              > Although it's true that such a confession might have > been forced, i trust Chechens billions of times more > than russians. The high probability that russian KGB > itself exploded it's own people blaiming then Chechens > has been mentioned by political scientists since the > very beginning of the last genocide. One particualrly > interesting question was "Why Chechens stopped > explosions now as they suffer so much, if they had > made explosions when they didn't suffer?". Another > question was "What did they do(?) it for? It didn't > further their cause." > > I consider this tape to be decisive and concrete proof > of the KGB's genocide against Chechens, as well as > russians!!! (This is especially true if no serious > vestages of wounds or tortures were seen on the > confesser) > > Resat. > > > > I am sure that many of you will find this of > > interest. > > > > > > ****** > > > Johnson's Russia List > > > #4014 > > > 6 January 2000 > > > > > > ****** > > > #1 > > > The Independent (UK) > > > 6 January 2000 > > > [for personal use only] > > > By Helen Womack in Moscow > > > The Independent has obtained a videotape on which > > a Russian officer, captured > > > by the Chechens, "confesses" that Russian special > > services committed the > > > Moscow apartment-block bombings that ignited the > > latest war in Chechnya and > > > propelled Vladimir Putin into the Kremlin. > > > On the video, shot by a Turkish journalist last > > month before Grozny was > > > finally cut off by Russian forces, the captured > > Russian identifies himself as > > > Alexei Galtin of the GRU (Russian military > > intelligence service). The bearded > > > captive acknowledges as his own papers displayed > > by the Chechens that > > > identify him as a "Senior Lieutenant, Armed > > Special Services, General > > > Headquarters for Special Forces of the Russian > > Federation". > > > The Ministry of Defence was checking yesterday > > whetherthere was indeed such a > > > GRU officer. "Even if he exists, you understand > > what methods could have been > > > used on him in captivity," said a junior officer, > > who asked not to be named. > > > Colonel Yakov Firsov of the Ministry of Defence > > said on the record: "The > > > (Chechen) bandits feel their end is near and so > > they are using all manner of > > > dirty tricks in the information war. This is a > > provocation. This is rubbish. > > > The Russian armed forces protect the people. It is > > impossible that they would > > > attack their own people." > > > On the video, Lieutenant Galtin said he was > > captured at the border between > > > Dagestan and Chechnya while on a mine-laying > > mission. "I did not take part in > > > the explosions of the buildings in Moscow and > > Dagestan but I have information > > > about it. I know who is responsible for the > > bombings in Moscow (and > > > Dagestan). It is the FSB (Russian security > > service), in cooperation with the > > > GRU, that is responsible for the explosions in > > Volgodonsk and Moscow." He > > > then named other GRU officers. > > > Nearly 300 people died when four multi-storey > > apartment blocks were destroyed > > > by terrorist bombs in September. The attacks > > provoked Mr. Putin, appointed > > > prime minister the month before, to launch a new > > war in Chechnya. > > > Sedat Aral, a photographer with ISF News Pictures, > > said he shot the video in > > > a bunker in Grozny, where he met Abu Musayev, head > > of Chechen rebel > > > intelligence. Mr Musayev said the Chechens could > > prove they were not > > > responsible for the apartment-block bombings. > > > The Russian public backs the "anti-terrorist > > campaign" in Chechnya, which has > > > so boosted the popularity of its author, Mr Putin, > > that Boris Yeltsin has > > > retired early to make way for his chosen > > successor. > > > However the war started, the beneficiary is > > clearly Mr Putin. The former head > > > of Russia's domestic intelligence service is now > > poised to realise his > > > presidential ambitions. > > > ****** > > > > > > Uli Schamiloglu > > > Associate Professor of Central Asian Studies > > > Department of Languages and Cultures of Asia > > > 1452 Van Hise Hall -- University of Wisconsin > > > 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 USA > > > tel. 1-608-262-7141 off.; 1-608-262-3012 dept.; > > 1-608-265-3538 fax > > > E-mail: uschamil@... > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > Message from Tatar-L@egroups.com To unsubscribe > > send a blank message > > > to Tatar-L-Unsubscribe@egroups.com > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, > > anytime? > > > > > > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to > > try it! Sign > > > > > > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no > > obligation! > > > > > http://click.egroups.com/1/332/1/_/25469/_/947185456 > > > > > > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document > > Vault > > > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/tatar-l/?m=1 > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Message from Tatar-L@egroups.com To unsubscribe > > send a blank message > > to Tatar-L-Unsubscribe@egroups.com > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Looking for educational tools for you kids? > > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com > > http://click.egroups.com/1/645/1/_/25469/_/947187441 > > > > -- Talk to your group with your own voice! > > -- > > > http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=tatar-l&m=1 > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. > http://im.yahoo.com > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Message from Tatar-L@egroups.com To unsubscribe send a blank message > to Tatar-L-Unsubscribe@egroups.com > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime? > > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign > > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation! > http://click.egroups.com/1/332/1/_/25469/_/947448089/ > > -- Create a poll/survey for your group! > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=tatar-l&m=1

              Click here for Productopia
              eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tatar-l
            • Vil Mirzayanov
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
                Dear Mr.Resat Sabik,

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
                  So, let us not to sacrilege about the victims.
                  Dr.Vil Mirzayanov

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
                    You know exactly that I am naming those bandits who are kidnapping
                    ,selling innocent people like Britain engineers and behading them when
                    relatives don't have enough money to pay. They are persons like Shamil
                    Basaev, Chattab and others who captured the power in Chechnya. By the
                    way why Turkic media is keeping silence against the russian genocide. Is
                    it in so called union with russian's because of last one doesn't cover
                    up kurdish genocide?
                    Regards,
                    Dr.Vil Mirzayanov

                    Resat Sabik wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere,
                    > > anytime?
                    > > >
                    > > > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to
                    > > try it! Sign
                    > > >
                    > > > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no
                    > > obligation!
                    > > >
                    > > http://click.egroups.com/1/332/1/_/25469/_/947185456
                    > > >
                    > > > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document
                    > > Vault
                    > > > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/tatar-l/?m=1

                    > > Looking for educational tools for you kids?
                    > > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
                    > > http://click.egroups.com/1/645/1/_/25469/_/947187441
                    > >
                    > > -- Talk to your group with your own voice!
                    > > --
                    > >
                    > http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=tatar-l&m=1

                    > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
                    >
                    > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!

                  • Igor Sagdeev
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 9, 2000
                      Dr. Mirzayanov wrote:

                      > You know exactly that I am naming those bandits who are kidnapping
                      > ,selling innocent people like Britain engineers and behading them when
                      > relatives don't have enough money to pay. They are persons like Shamil
                      > Basaev, Chattab and others who captured the power in Chechnya.

                      Hard to believe it - but I am completely in agreement with Dr. Mirzayanov
                      here.
                      Indeed, our enemy's enemy isn't *automatically* our friend, and sometimes
                      there
                      can be more than one wrong side in a conflict...

                      No indignation against Putin't war (with its indiscriminate bombing and
                      marauding troops)
                      can paint hostage-takers and professional robbers as snow-white
                      freedom-fighters.

                      Yours, Igor
                    • Ravil Selihmet
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 10, 2000
                        Dear Mr. Vil Mirzayan
                        Keep on with this demagogery, as this also shows your ignorance as demontrated below:
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 10, 2000
                          You know exactly I've written many times that russians are committing
                          genocide of chechen people as well turks committing against curds.
                          There is no difference. I also had written that the minorities in Russia
                          have rights to study in the schools in their language, issue newspapers.
                          They have also their theaters, radio, TV and the authonomy. But all this
                          minorities absolutely don't have in your democratic Turkey. Is it
                          demagogery? But it would be more nice to respond to your opponent with
                          facts but not with insultings. The last ones I think are not values of
                          Western democracy which you are enjoing in USA not in Turkey.
                          Sure, I am not specialist on turkic media. But if you don't know what
                          exactly did say turkic government about Chechnya genocide I can you
                          remind. It said that Chechny's issue is the internal problem of Russia
                          and it recognizes a territorial integrality of Russia. Am I wrong? Is it
                          a demagogery?
                          Last one. If you are so great supporter of the Chechnya's Independence
                          why you didn't come when I ( I am not USA citizen) had organized a
                          demonstration in front of the USA Senat Building in summer 98 with the
                          transparency: " No penny for Chechnya War!" Why you are not going to the
                          russian consulate in Washington or New York to express your opinion?
                          You are a USA citizen and nobody will prosecute you for this you know.
                          Instead you are trying to prove me that you are a supporter of Chechnya.
                          Sure, every deed is much more difficult than an insulting your opponent
                          by e-mail. So go ahead Mr.Ravil and act for support of Chechnya. It
                          would be more honest and everybody would respect you for this.
                          Dr. Vil Mirzayanov