Re: [tatar-l] Help-baby girl name!

  • Denis Valeev
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
      Diar Iliyar, i suggest you consider Zile (Zilya), my mother's name. It
      is both feminine and strong, it could really help your daughtes
      personal and career success. My Mom is the proof. Kind regards, Denis.

      --
      Sent from my mobile device

      С уважением,

      Денис Валеев
      Управляющий по развитию бизнеса
      ООО "БилеттиТикетСервисез"
      420111, г.Казань, ул. Карла Маркса 42А, офис 47
      тел. +78432381955
      моб. +79172855337
      icq 392-096-019

      Best regards,

      Denis Valeev
      Manager, Business Development
      Biletti Ticket Services L.L.C.
      420111, Kazan, Karl Marx str. 42A, office 47
      tel/fax +78432381955
      mobile +79172855337
      icq 392-096-019
    • osman serhan
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
        Congratulations!!!!

        I like :  Amela  (like my daughter), Duygu (feeling)

        My best regards,
        Serhan

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
          Hi Iliyar,
          May be its too cliche for such a "cross-cultural" case but I still suggest you to name your darling "Kamile".
          a_It's derivative of arab word meaning "perfect" (Kamil is the masculin version of it)
          b_It's very common name in Turkic culture, including Tatars
          c_It sounds like Italian/French girl name "Camila or Camille". I looked up the net and found out that "The French name Camille means - Signifies "young ceremonial attendant." One well-known Camille is writer Camille Paglia", so it's still nice choise.

          To use Kamille or Camille (K or C), it's up to you. Another point is may be it's better to use double "L" as "KamiLLe or CamiLLe". The lingua franca is English, and people (not native speakers) may tend to read the name as Ka-mile (distance unit, as kilometer).
          Xayerle bulsin, isen-sau tusin!!!
          Bye.

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
            dinara?

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
              Vaalekum assalam,
              lliayar,

              I am a Tatar of 53, and my wife is Russian and our daughter's name is Jamilia, our granddaughter's name is Amina.

              Irek.

              2009/9/1 illier78 <illier78@...>

              Asslakum Waramatula,

              I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

              Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

              Rahmet!

              Iliyar

            • Muazzez Topal
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                I advice "Mirriam (Meryem)", it is a valid name in all religions and regions.
                Another one is "Daphne".
                Best wishes,

                Muazzez

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                  Salam,

                  I congratulate you with such a wonderful family event, mashallah

                  There are popular names amond Azeri turks such as Nigyar, Fidan, Aydan, Aysel, Gunay, Gunel, Leyla, Khatun, Sevda.

                  I guess all these names sound very nice for a half-European and half -turkic girl. Short and meaningful.

                  Regards,

                  Gulchohra

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                    Selam,

                    Good luck with the new baby girl, and I've always been partial to the name "Meryem" myself. The word feels nice as you so it and can appease the "Mother-Mary" Meryem-Anne oriented Italians as well!

                    The Tatar in me wants to name everyone "Soyembike", but then you would have to start numbering them. (or giving them nicknames)..

                    iLhan
                    San Francisco

                    --- In tatar-l@yahoogroups.com, gulchehra aliyeva <gulchehra_76@...> wrote:

                    > Salam,
                    >
                    > I congratulate you with such a wonderful family event, mashallah
                    >
                    > There are popular names amond Azeri turks such as Nigyar, Fidan, Aydan, Aysel, Gunay, Gunel, Leyla, Khatun, Sevda.
                    >
                    > I guess all these names sound very nice for a half-European and half -turkic girl. Short and meaningful.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Gulchohra
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Saide Haci

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                        Since she is Italian and you are a Tatar,
                        Sofia will be perfect.

                        Saide

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 2, 2009
                            İlyar bey, selam
                            dogacak kızınıza güzel bir isim önerim var, kutlu dogum olsun
                            "tula" veya "tola", bu bir ırmak ismidir, selenge ve tula, orhun/orkun ırmakları

                            Saime Selenga Gökgöz
                            Hacettepe Üniversitesi

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009
                                WAS

                                why don't you try to find a TURKISH-TATAR Female name using google... :)

                                you may try these names also..  RAVZA, AFRA, AZRA, ERVA, SUEDA

                                you can find their meanings by google easily..

                                cordially,

                                2009/9/3 م دك <mdk606@...>

                                Alma.

                                On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, illier78 <illier78@...> wrote:

                                Asslakum Waramatula,

                                I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

                                Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

                                Rahmet!

                                Iliyar

                              • Kazan Tatarlari Kultur Dernegi
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009

                                  Tomris,
                                  Susan (Suzan)

                                  To: tatar-l@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: fazilsenel@...
                                  Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:09:18 +0300

                                  WAS

                                  why don't you try to find a TURKISH-TATAR Female name using google... :)

                                  you may try these names also..  RAVZA, AFRA, AZRA, ERVA, SUEDA

                                  you can find their meanings by google easily..

                                  cordially,

                                  2009/9/3 م دك <mdk606@gmail. com>

                                  Alma.

                                  On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, illier78 <illier78@yahoo. com> wrote:

                                  Asslakum Waramatula,

                                  I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

                                  Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

                                  Rahmet!

                                  Iliyar

                                  Diğer Windows Live™ özelliklerine göz atın. Sadece e-posta iletilerinden daha fazlası
                                • Yong Pong
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009
                                    salam

                                    Ramadan Mubarak