Re: [tatar-l] Help-baby girl name!

  • Iskender Agi
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 31, 2009
      You can start with these links:
      http://www.babynology.com/turkish-girlnames-a0.html
      http://www.geocities.com/~abdulwahid/muslimarticles/names_turkish.html
      http://turkishnamesfromturkey.blogspot.com/2009/03/turkish-girl-names_22.html

      It is easier to find Turkish names on the Web than Tatar.
      You will have to make the necessary translation.

      Mubarak bulsyn!
      -Iskender

      On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:31:10 -0700, illier78 <illier78@...> wrote:

      > Asslakum Waramatula,
      >
      > I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old
      > son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to
      > find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any
      > idea? I need your help!
      >
      > Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere
      > on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and
      > it should be a beautiful name :)
      >
      > Rahmet!
      >
      > Iliyar

    • Denis Valeev
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
        Diar Iliyar, i suggest you consider Zile (Zilya), my mother's name. It
        is both feminine and strong, it could really help your daughtes
        personal and career success. My Mom is the proof. Kind regards, Denis.

        --
        Sent from my mobile device

        С уважением,

        Денис Валеев
        Управляющий по развитию бизнеса
        ООО "БилеттиТикетСервисез"
        420111, г.Казань, ул. Карла Маркса 42А, офис 47
        тел. +78432381955
        моб. +79172855337
        icq 392-096-019

        Best regards,

        Denis Valeev
        Manager, Business Development
        Biletti Ticket Services L.L.C.
        420111, Kazan, Karl Marx str. 42A, office 47
        tel/fax +78432381955
        mobile +79172855337
        icq 392-096-019
      • osman serhan
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
          Congratulations!!!!

          I like :  Amela  (like my daughter), Duygu (feeling)

          My best regards,
          Serhan

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
            Hi Iliyar,
            May be its too cliche for such a "cross-cultural" case but I still suggest you to name your darling "Kamile".
            a_It's derivative of arab word meaning "perfect" (Kamil is the masculin version of it)
            b_It's very common name in Turkic culture, including Tatars
            c_It sounds like Italian/French girl name "Camila or Camille". I looked up the net and found out that "The French name Camille means - Signifies "young ceremonial attendant." One well-known Camille is writer Camille Paglia", so it's still nice choise.

            To use Kamille or Camille (K or C), it's up to you. Another point is may be it's better to use double "L" as "KamiLLe or CamiLLe". The lingua franca is English, and people (not native speakers) may tend to read the name as Ka-mile (distance unit, as kilometer).
            Xayerle bulsin, isen-sau tusin!!!
            Bye.

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
              dinara?

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                Vaalekum assalam,
                lliayar,

                I am a Tatar of 53, and my wife is Russian and our daughter's name is Jamilia, our granddaughter's name is Amina.

                Irek.

                2009/9/1 illier78 <illier78@...>

                Asslakum Waramatula,

                I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

                Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

                Rahmet!

                Iliyar

              • Muazzez Topal
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                  I advice "Mirriam (Meryem)", it is a valid name in all religions and regions.
                  Another one is "Daphne".
                  Best wishes,

                  Muazzez

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                    Salam,

                    I congratulate you with such a wonderful family event, mashallah

                    There are popular names amond Azeri turks such as Nigyar, Fidan, Aydan, Aysel, Gunay, Gunel, Leyla, Khatun, Sevda.

                    I guess all these names sound very nice for a half-European and half -turkic girl. Short and meaningful.

                    Regards,

                    Gulchohra

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                      Selam,

                      Good luck with the new baby girl, and I've always been partial to the name "Meryem" myself. The word feels nice as you so it and can appease the "Mother-Mary" Meryem-Anne oriented Italians as well!

                      The Tatar in me wants to name everyone "Soyembike", but then you would have to start numbering them. (or giving them nicknames)..

                      iLhan
                      San Francisco

                      --- In tatar-l@yahoogroups.com, gulchehra aliyeva <gulchehra_76@...> wrote:

                      > Salam,
                      >
                      > I congratulate you with such a wonderful family event, mashallah
                      >
                      > There are popular names amond Azeri turks such as Nigyar, Fidan, Aydan, Aysel, Gunay, Gunel, Leyla, Khatun, Sevda.
                      >
                      > I guess all these names sound very nice for a half-European and half -turkic girl. Short and meaningful.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Gulchohra
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Saide Haci

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 1, 2009
                          Since she is Italian and you are a Tatar,
                          Sofia will be perfect.

                          Saide

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 2, 2009
                              İlyar bey, selam
                              dogacak kızınıza güzel bir isim önerim var, kutlu dogum olsun
                              "tula" veya "tola", bu bir ırmak ismidir, selenge ve tula, orhun/orkun ırmakları

                              Saime Selenga Gökgöz
                              Hacettepe Üniversitesi

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009
                                  WAS

                                  why don't you try to find a TURKISH-TATAR Female name using google... :)

                                  you may try these names also..  RAVZA, AFRA, AZRA, ERVA, SUEDA

                                  you can find their meanings by google easily..

                                  cordially,

                                  2009/9/3 م دك <mdk606@...>

                                  Alma.

                                  On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, illier78 <illier78@...> wrote:

                                  Asslakum Waramatula,

                                  I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

                                  Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

                                  Rahmet!

                                  Iliyar

                                • Kazan Tatarlari Kultur Dernegi
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009

                                    Tomris,
                                    Susan (Suzan)

                                    To: tatar-l@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: fazilsenel@...
                                    Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:09:18 +0300

                                    WAS

                                    why don't you try to find a TURKISH-TATAR Female name using google... :)

                                    you may try these names also..  RAVZA, AFRA, AZRA, ERVA, SUEDA

                                    you can find their meanings by google easily..

                                    cordially,

                                    2009/9/3 م دك <mdk606@gmail. com>

                                    Alma.

                                    On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, illier78 <illier78@yahoo. com> wrote:

                                    Asslakum Waramatula,

                                    I am a 31 years old Tatar, my wife is Italian, and we have a 3 years old son, now in October my baby girl will be born, I am having difficulty to find a name for her that would work also in Italy, do you guys have any idea? I need your help!

                                    Please don't give me those long list of names that I can find anywhere on internet, please give just few that you think would really work, and it should be a beautiful name :)

                                    Rahmet!

                                    Iliyar

                                    Diğer Windows Live™ özelliklerine göz atın. Sadece e-posta iletilerinden daha fazlası
                                  • Yong Pong
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 3, 2009
                                      salam

                                      Ramadan Mubarak