Great site!

  • Larry Rollings
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
      The distribution of my surname which in Poland is Paczos not Pacosz has become a recent interest of mine in trying to track down an extremely elusive paternal grandfather.

      In visiting the site I was disappointed to discover that I could neither save information to a file or desktop, nor could I print it. I will return and hand copy what is there, but this seems so unnecessary. Would paying a fee get me a copy of my search and the list of abbreviated towns explained? I would be more than willing to pay a fee for a copy of this information rather than take the time and effort to make a hand copy. Old bones, you know.

      Again, thank you Marek for keeping us posted with the latest developments.

      Best, Christina Pacosz

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
        On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:01:57 -0500 "Larry Rollings" <pacosz@...>
        writes:

        > The distribution of my surname which in Poland is Paczos not Pacosz
        > has become a recent interest of mine in trying to track down an
        > extremely elusive paternal grandfather.
        >
        > In visiting the site I was disappointed to discover that I could
        > neither save information to a file or desktop, nor could I print it.
        > I will return and hand copy what is there, but this seems so
        > unnecessary. Would paying a fee get me a copy of my search and the
        > list of abbreviated towns explained? I would be more than willing
        > to pay a fee for a copy of this information rather than take the
        > time and effort to make a hand copy. Old bones, you know.
        >
        > Again, thank you Marek for keeping us posted with the latest
        > developments.
        >
        > Best, Christina Pacosz

        I simpy use <copy and paste> and save as word or notepad file.
        Here is what I found for You:

        Pacosz total: 9
        Ks:2, Rz:7

        Paczos total: 592
        Wa:9, By:14, Ch:2, Ci:1, Gd:27, Go:15, JG:33, Ka:20,
        Ki:5, Kn:7, Ko:19, Kr:5, Lu:38, Lo:4, Ld:2, Ol:8, Op:6,
        Sk:4, Sl:10, Su:4, Sz:45, Tb:13, Ta:1, To:10, Wb:9,
        Wr:12, Za:269

        paczos none
        pacos none
        -----------------
        BB - bielskie Op - opolskie
        BP - bialskopodlaskie Os - ostroleckie
        Bs - bialostockie Pl - pilskie
        By - bydgoskie Pl - plockie
        Ch - chelmskie Po - poznanskie
        Ci - ciechanowskie Pr - przemyskie
        Cz - czestochowskie Pt - piotrkowskie
        El - elblaskie Ra - radomskie
        Gd - gdanskie Rz - rzeszowskie
        Go - gorzowskie Sd - siedleckie
        JG - jeleniog�rskie Sk - skierniewickie
        Ka - katowickie Sl - slupskie
        Ki - kieleckie Sr - sieradzkie
        Kl - kaliskie Su - suwalskie
        Kn - koninskie Sz - szczecinskie
        Ko - koszalinskie Ta - tarnowskie
        Kr - krakowskie Tb - tarnobrzeskie
        Ks - krosnienskie To - torunskie
        Lg - legnickie Wa - warszawskie
        Ls - leszczynskie Wb - walbrzyskie
        Lu - lubelskie Wl - wloclawskie
        Ld - l�dzkie Wr - wroclawskie
        Lo - lomzynskie Za - zamojskie
        NS - nowosadeckie ZG - zielonog�rskie
        Ol - olsztynskie

        See all of these old wojewodztwa above on the map
        http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/rys/mapawoj.gif

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.