[tarnobrzeg-gen] Tarnobrzeg's 98 Phonebook

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 10, 1998
      To All,
      I want You to know that soon I will have direct access to
      newly released Tarnobrzeg Phonebook-paper edition.
      Right now that book is still in Ottawa,Can.in my sister
      home.She brought it from her recent visit in Poland.
      I am waiting for it to be sent to me in Connecticut,US
      so we could take any adwantage of using those all names in it.

      Take under Your consideration such opportunity of using it
      via email and I will be happy to assist you.There is no other
      way or url's offering such service so far.
      What do You say?

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 10, 1998
        Dear Marek!

        Bravo! That should be a wonderful help for those of us looking for relatives
        there! What a nice person you are!

        Janet Birkner
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 1998
          Dear Marek,
          I am very interested!!! Do you know if it will include information about the
          smaller village of Wrzawy? If so, I am interested in the following surnames
          (in the following order of importance to me) WICINSKI, STELMACH, BARTOSZEK,
          KUCA, and PAWLOWSKI.

          Sincerely,
          Lucia Wicinski
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 11, 1998

            GkneeoloG@... wrote:

            Dear Marek,
            Do you know if it will include information about the
            smaller village of Wrzawy?

            Dear Lucia,
            As You know that book is still in my sister hands who has reputation
            of being procastrinated so I have to keep her motivated and keep
            bugging her to send this book to me ASAP.
            Judging by the size I think it covers the whole voivodship
            therefore Wrzawy too.
            I have Your surnames and I will let everybody know when I get into
            that book.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 23, 1998
              Ladies and Gentlemans,
              Tarnobrzeg's Province 98 Phonebook finally arrived and I have it
              in front of me.One of  70 000
              copies released.
              Lists ALL province's towns with names,phones in it.So the first thing to look is name of town
              then names,not the other way arround.
              Do not repeat Your previous phone queries unless they were not
              mentioned yet here in phonebook context.
              I will try to anwer You privately.I will give you full info about each name
              available in the book.
              In case You want to reconstruct full regular mail address-help yourself
              and go to:
              ( http://www.poczta-polska.pl/kody/win/kody.html )
              to get zip code for Your town.Just click the first letter of town name and scroll down.

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 24, 1998
                To All,
                I just sent out some replies to phonebook queries and here
                are additional remarks;
                When after the person name appears abbreviation <nr d.> (numer domu)
                means the # of the house and there is no street name in village.
                All phone calls from USA to Poland starts from dialing 011-48 where
                48 is Polands country code.If that call is to Tarnobrzeg province the
                next code you have to add is 15 - Tarnobrzeg area code.Keep it
                mind as I may not include them in my every reply.

                Also be aware that lack of certain names in phone directory does not
                necesairly means that person does not live there.Having own phone
                is still kinda of luxury especially in rural Poland.Some small villages
                I saw, have only one telephone listed.

                WHO IS NEXT?

              • Gretchen Bakies
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 26, 1998
                  If you sent anything to Lucia Dominick on Wrzavwy, I'd appreciate it if you
                  could copy me. We're looking for some of the same people: Bijak,
                  Pawlowski, Chmielowiez, Szcrygiet, Bartanek (? Bartanak?), Bartaszak.
                  You're really doing a great service to everyone on the list and I for one
                  really appreciate your time and effort.

                  ----------

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 27, 1998
                    hi gretchen

                    he sent me only one pawlowska, halina

                    and several bartoszek's

                    i only asked about wicinski's kuca's stelmach's pawlowski's and bartoszek's

                    the halina pawlowska was nr d 200 .....15-836-39-34

                    the bartoszek's were
                    adam nr d 5 ......15-836-37-73
                    emil nr d 451 .....15-836-37-60
                    kazimierz nr d 206 .......15-836-37-66
                    marek nrd 55 ......everything else the same, except last two digits 66
                    romuald nr. d. 436..................................................69
                    Wieslaw nrd.d. 12..........................................74
                    Zbigniew nr d 368 ..................54
                    Zbigniew nr d 258 .......................59
                    Zbigniew nr d 420...........71

                    ps I use my maiden name, Wicinski, for genealogy I don't want to confuse
                    people with my Slovak name (I'm not slovak)

                    bye Lucia

                    ps talked to Mitchell Polaniec on the phone, I had information from the 1910
                    census on Peter Polaniec. He said that was his father's half-brother.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 27, 1998
                      Dear Marek,

                      I guess I will be next! Please help me find RUDOLF, RUTYNA and JANECZKO from
                      Jeziorko village. You are such a terrific person to do this for all of us!
                      We really appreciate you!

                      Jan
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 27, 1998
                        GFSJan@... wrote:

                        >Please help me find RUDOLF, RUTYNA and JANECZKO from
                        >Jeziorko village.

                        Sorry Janet but Jeziorko has listed only 3 people with phone
                        and none of them is "Yours".
                        However Tarnobrzeg has 27 Janeczkos and 18 Rutynas and
                        none of Rudolf.
                        Keep in mind that young people tend to migrate from villages to
                        nearest cities leaving parents farm behind.
                        Villagers from Jeziorko had ben relocated.
                        in the late 60ies due to buiding there big sulphur mine.Practically
                        Jeziorko as a place of human community does not exist for decades now.
                        I used to work in that mine and it look like moon surface-another
                        words ecological catastrophy already back then.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 28, 1998
                          Dear Marek,

                          is there a way I can get the addresses of those people? I have 2 RUTYNA lines
                          and 2 JANECZKO lines! They all started in Jeziorko, and Grebow.

                          Thanks for telling me about Jeziorko. I thought it was gone, never could find
                          it on a map. But I didn't know why.

                          Thanks again!

                          Janet
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 31, 1998
                            Marek,

                            Looking for following names:
                            Nieradka, Byra - Stany,Bojanow area

                            Thanks

                            John
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 26, 1998
                              Dear Marek,
                              Whenever it may convenient, would you please see if there are listings for our
                              family in the village of Jezowe, family surname "Ciak." We also have Kutyla
                              family in Woj. Tarnobrzeg, but we do not know the name of the village. If you
                              ever come across this name, we would appreciate this information also.
                              Thanks very much for your kind, generous time to help us.
                              Sincerely,
                              Teddie Kutyla