[tarnobrzeg-gen] LDS library

  • Carol Queen
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi all,
      I stopped at the Family History Center of the LDS library today to see
      if I could order a film of the records of Tarnobrzeg. Well, what I found out
      is Tarnobrzeg is not on film. Or at least they couldn't find it. Would it be
      listed under Tarnobrzeg, or something else? I was very disappointed to say
      the least.
      Carol

    • Tomory, Irene
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
        Hi. I too went to LDS and couldn't find anything on Tarnobrzeg. If anyone
        else has any information on records of the church at Miechocin I 'd
        appreciate looking for Janina Stepien. Irene.

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
          Carol Queen wrote:

          > I stopped at the Family History Center of the LDS library today to see
          > if I could order a film of the records of Tarnobrzeg. Well, what I found out
          > is Tarnobrzeg is not on film. Or at least they couldn't find it.

          Carol,Irene, I checked those LDS websites too and found nothing.They just cover
          only small number of Polish towns and unfortunately
          Tarnobrzeg is not among them.Neither any other town from Tarnobrzeg
          region- I searched for them too.
          If any records would exist over there,we would know about it by now.
          Who else would know if not us anyway?

        • gayle riley
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
            Dear Tarnobrzeg reseacher, NO the family history has not Tarnobrzeg records. Do not
            loose hope. The town itself has many records from property to school recorda to
            census. The census records years 1786 and 1880 are located in Sandomierzc, and
            other years are in Przemsyl.There are even immagration records available. Some
            archives do not know what they have and the state is just being to compile lists of
            what the country has. I beleive you will be pleasently surprised. I will soon be
            informing you of new records and their location sometime soon. Gayle

            Marek Duszkiewicz wrote:

            > Carol Queen wrote:
            >
            > > I stopped at the Family History Center of the LDS library today to see
            > > if I could order a film of the records of Tarnobrzeg. Well, what I found out
            > > is Tarnobrzeg is not on film. Or at least they couldn't find it.
            >
            > Carol,Irene, I checked those LDS websites too and found nothing.They just cover
            > only small number of Polish towns and unfortunately
            > Tarnobrzeg is not among them.Neither any other town from Tarnobrzeg
            > region- I searched for them too.
            > If any records would exist over there,we would know about it by now.
            > Who else would know if not us anyway?
            >
            > Good Luck
            > Marek D.

          • Tomory, Irene
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
              Thank you Gayle, I too will look forward to the new records when they become
              available. Keep us posted and - LET'S GO CLEVELAND INDIANS!

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                Hi,

                Maybe what we need to look for in the FHC is the name of the village. I think
                my cousin told me that he found Grebow in the FHC, so you might want to try it
                that way.

                Janet

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                  Dear Gayle,

                  Do those records you spoke of include the towns and villages? I am looking
                  for information from Mielec, Grebow, Padew, and other small villages.

                  Janet

                • Carol Queen
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                    Gayle,
                    Thank you for the ray of hope. I'll keep plugging along looking and
                    can't wait to see what records we get.
                    Carol

                    >Dear Tarnobrzeg reseacher, NO the family history has not Tarnobrzeg
                    records. Do not
                    >loose hope. The town itself has many records from property to school
                    recorda to
                    >census. The census records years 1786 and 1880 are located in Sandomierzc,
                    and
                    >other years are in Przemsyl.There are even immagration records available.
                    Some
                    >archives do not know what they have and the state is just being to compile
                    lists of
                    >what the country has. I beleive you will be pleasently surprised. I will
                    soon be
                    >informing you of new records and their location sometime soon. Gayle
                    >
                    >Marek Duszkiewicz wrote:
                    >
                    >> Carol Queen wrote:
                    >>
                    >> > I stopped at the Family History Center of the LDS library today
                    to see
                    >> > if I could order a film of the records of Tarnobrzeg. Well, what I
                    found out
                    >> > is Tarnobrzeg is not on film. Or at least they couldn't find it.
                    >>
                    >> Carol,Irene, I checked those LDS websites too and found nothing.They just
                    cover
                    >> only small number of Polish towns and unfortunately
                    >> Tarnobrzeg is not among them.Neither any other town from Tarnobrzeg
                    >> region- I searched for them too.
                    >> If any records would exist over there,we would know about it by now.
                    >> Who else would know if not us anyway?
                    >>
                    >> Good Luck
                    >> Marek D.

                  • Carol Queen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                      I wondered about that also, but the aide said I had to go by district first,
                      then town, etc etc.
                      Carol

                      >Hi,
                      >
                      >Maybe what we need to look for in the FHC is the name of the village. I
                      think
                      >my cousin told me that he found Grebow in the FHC, so you might want to try
                      it
                      >that way.
                      >
                      >Janet

                    • gayle riley
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                        Hi, i can not say for sure BUT I would bet money it. Write the regional
                        archives and ask for a list of records for those towns. REMEMBER same people
                        only had religious marriages so the kids may be listed under the mothers maiden
                        name.. Gayle

                        GFSJan@... wrote:

                        > Dear Gayle,
                        >
                        > Do those records you spoke of include the towns and villages? I am looking
                        > for information from Mielec, Grebow, Padew, and other small villages.
                        >
                        > Janet

                      • gayle riley
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 1998
                          I have tried every which way in the beginning to find Tarnobrzeg records. Some
                          of the FHL staff do not know a thing. The people at my lib. know I know what I
                          am talking about. They now send me people to help. FOR some odd reason the
                          records of Galicia were not filmed. . Gayle

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 4, 1998
                            Thanks Gayle! I will do that!

                            Jan