new user, looking for Kobylarz

  • JanDembiak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2001
      Dear L.Kobylarz,

      Last May (2000) I had the chance of visiting Krzatka, Wola Rusinowska, etc.
      It seems that the Kobylarz surname is among the many Polish surnames from
      that area of Poland that intermarried and chain-immigrated to the USA from
      1900 to the 1920's and later. Wola R.is next to the village/farmland of
      Krzatka. My great grandmother, Ewa Kobylarz had children with Michal Debiak
      in Krzatka. A Kobylarz family who lives in Krakow says that they are related
      to Ewa, but I am still searching for church documents to support that claim.

      Some surnames of my extended family from Wola R. are: Te(n)cza, Ste(m)pien
      and Gola(m)bek. To where did your ancestors immigrate ? Mine went to Passaic,
      N.J. the place where I was born. Walking through the church cemetery in
      Majdan Krolewski, perhaps the same church that your relatives went to, was a
      profound experience. I felt at peace reading the names on the tomb stones
      identical to the names on mail boxes in my old neighborhoods of Passaic and
      Clifton. As we struggle to trace our roots, please let me know if you run
      across any of these names. I am not a hack and usesnailmail often.Here is my
      address if you would like to too:

      John Debiak
      13770 Downes, NE
      Lowell, MI49331

      I am a social worker and use genograms for developing family trees. I've got
      some Kobylarz ones for you if you could let me have your mailing address. My
      e-mail address is: JanDembiak@...

    • HOSTGFSJan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2001
        In a message dated 06/09/01 8:23:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        JanDembiak@... writes:

        > I am a social worker and use genograms for developing family trees. I've got
        > some Kobylarz ones for you if you could let me have your mailing address.
        > My
        > e-mail address is: JanDembiak@...

        Dear Jan,

        Can you tell me something about genograms? I have lost two children to a
        genetic disorder. Since both parents have to have the gene for this disorder
        to be passed to the children, we have been told that my husband and I must be
        related! I was born in Boston, and he was born in Passaic, NJ! ALL of his
        ancestors are Danish, except one who was born in Prussia. ALL of mine are
        Polish!

        Can you give me some ideas?

        Jan Birkner

      • JanDembiak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
          Jan,

          Genograms have nothing to do with genes. It is simply a diagram with lines
          connecting parents with lines projecting down to show their children, their
          children's spouses, children, etc. Dates are added and a visual display of
          data and people (representations) can be used for purposes of consultation
          with other family and professionals. It's like a family tree diagram. We have
          e mailed each other before and I remember your extended family was from
          Passaic.

          JD

        • HOSTGFSJan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
            Jan,

            You're right, we have emailed before. This seems like an interesting project,
            is there some what that my family can participate?

            Jan

          • JanDembiak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
              Hi Jan,

              I used to have a good book re: genogram drawing. These days I do it all from
              memory and use them all the time at work. I will look for it, but in the
              meantime, look in the social work part of your local library for books
              containing instructions for building them. Different colors can be used to
              distinguish different branches of families and there are a variety of symbols
              to be used.

              Elzbieta Golabek, the gal that sends Kobylarz info to e group is the daughter
              of my second cousine, Teresa Debiak-Golabek. I met them all when I was in
              Krzatka in May, 2000. They live in the next town, Wola Rusinowska.

              John

            • JanDembiak@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 14, 2001
                Hi Jan,

                A good book is: Genograms In Family Assessment, Monica McGoldrick & Randy
                Gerson, W.W. Norton & Co., N.Y., London $15. 174 pages. This is for talk
                therapy, but it has many applications for genealogy.

                John Debiak