Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] recent posting of Tarnobrzeg's history site

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2001
      On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:27:14 -0500 "Larry Rollings" <pacosz@...>
      writes:

      > My paternal grandfather listed the region as
      > being Russian Poland, not Austrian. I have documents with this on
      > it. So I am confused. He was from Modliborzyce, so maybe that
      > place was under Russian control during partition. Or not? Or is
      > this an indicator that he wasn't from Tarnobrzeg region to begin
      > with? But from further east?

      It was under Russian control and despite still in Tarnobrzeg
      region. The thing is the partition border were only several
      kilometers North from Tarnobrzeg.
      Please take a look on old maps collections
      http://www.ukans.edu/history/VL/europe/poland.html

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.