Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Sadrakul~a

  • cu333write@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2001
      Dear Anne,

      It seems that several immigrants from Tarnobrzeg settled in the Kansas
      City/St. Joseph area around the time your husband's family did. My
      great-grandmother, Agnes Krysa nee Wilk, came from Wielowies near Tarnobrzeg
      in 1914. My great-grandfather, John Krysa, came from another village in the
      area. My other set of maternal great-grandparents, Jacob and Gertrude
      Strojek, also came from a village in that vicinity.

      I have a non-genealogical question: Is there a good kielbasa shop in St.
      Joe? May (Maj) Grocery in Kansas City has closed and there is no good Polish
      place to get sausage any more. I'd gladly drive 50 miles for good home made
      kielbasa.

      Curtis Urness

      In a message dated 3/9/01 10:22:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      ajs1@... writes:

      << Wycenty (Vincent) Benjamin Sadrakula born in Tarnobrzeg, Poland May 8,
      1891.
      He had at least one older brother that served in the Polish Army. (Possible
      other siblings that came to the states also) Wycenty married Mary Sophie
      Kondeusz from Sandomierz, Poland. They were married on September 1916 in St.
      Joe, Missouri. Wycenty and Mary had 4 children: Mitchell (1920), Helen
      (1922), Edward (1926) and Freddie (1928). My father-in-law is Freddie (Fred)
      Sadrakula.
      He can speak Polish but I'm not sure if he can read or write it! I have been
      in contact with a Bill Ware from Passaic, New Jersey. He married a Sadrakula.
      He is also researching the name. His email is: billware@.... Also, Fred
      Sadrak - his father shortened the Sadrakula name to Sadrak, is researching
      the Sadrakula name and his relatives ARE from Tarnobrzeg also. So, we are
      pretty sure that we are related but have not found any proof yet!! Fred's
      last known email was: fsadrak@...
      There are quite a few Sadrakula's in Kansas City and St. Joe, Missouri, but I
      am not sure how interested they are in tracing their roots as both Fred and I
      have attempted to contact those we could find...but receive no reply. It has
      been a while, though. >>
    • mowilgo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2001
        In a message dated 3/10/2001 4:42:29 PM Central Standard Time,
        cu333write@... writes:

        It seems that several immigrants from Tarnobrzeg settled in the Kansas
        City/St. Joseph area around the time your husband's family did.  My
        great-grandmother, Agnes Krysa nee Wilk, came from Wielowies near
        Tarnobrzeg
        in 1914.  My great-grandfather, John Krysa, came from another village in
        the
        area.  My other set of maternal great-grandparents, Jacob and Gertrude
        Strojek, also came from a village in that vicinity.

        This seems very much the pattern, what is called chain immigration.  The
        first people from an area emigrate to some place in the U.S. (or elsewhere),
        they bring over siblings or cousins since they are lonely and/or successful,
        other people in the village and/or parish hear of their success, and do the
        same.

        They form tight little communities, based on their area of origin in Poland.
        Even when they are in big cities like Chicago, you find that immigrants from
        a given village gravitate to the same area, belong to the same Polish parish,
        marry someone from that area, or maybe even their own village of birth.

        I've seen this pattern many times, as I've checked collateral lines.  I think
        the reason my maternal grandfather had to marry from outside his Polish
        powiat was that there weren't any such girls in Chicago!

        Marianne Wielgosz
      • Larry Rollings
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 11, 2001
          Actually, there may still be excellent kielbasa available in Kansas City,
          Kansas, if the old grocery is still in biz. Was as of 2 yrs. ago.
          Sadecki's is still listed in current KC metro yellow pages at 87 S. 7th,
          913-342-5923. Smacznego! Christina Pacosz

        • cu333write@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 11, 2001
            Thank you.

            Curtis Urness