[tarnobrzeg-gen] Rozycki family

  • Cheryl Rozycki Ruffner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2000
      Hi, all.

      I just got bit by the geneology bug. I was cleaning out my mother's
      house, and found a box of letters from my grandfather's family in
      Padew, Poland. My grandfather's name was Michal W. Rozycki. He was
      born Sept 12, 1885. His father's name is Matteusz Rozycki. I don't
      know where to go from there. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2000
        On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:59:02 -0800 "Cheryl Rozycki Ruffner"
        <cherylruff@...> writes:

        Cheryl,
        Just take a look at Polish Genealogical Society
        http://www.pgsa.org/
        for general info.
        Marek D.

        > I just got bit by the geneology bug. I was cleaning out my mother's
        > house, and found a box of letters from my grandfather's family in
        > Padew, Poland. My grandfather's name was Michal W. Rozycki. He was
        > born Sept 12, 1885. His father's name is Matteusz Rozycki. I don't
        > know where to go from there. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • GFSJan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2000
          Hi Cheryl,

          Since you have letters, you must have addresses!! Lucky duck! You can write
          to the address you have, and ask if you still have relatives in the house, or
          if not, if they would pass your letter on to someone who might know your
          relatives!

          You can get a LOT of information from the Family History Center at the Mormon
          church near where you live. They have the largest collection of genealogical
          information anywhere!! They have microfilmed records from all over the world!
          I don't know if there are any records for Tarnobrzeg yet, but I have heard
          that they are filming there now.

          Try to find where the family was in 1920, and get the census records for
          them. That will give you an idea of who came over, and it will tell you the
          years they arrived. It will also tell you if they were naturalized or not,
          and give the year, if they were. You can get ship information, once you know
          the year, from the Family History Center, and you can get Naturalization
          records too, from either the FHC or the National Archives. Also some local
          courst have Naturalization records too, especially if the naturalization took
          place before1906.

          Find out from your living relatives, all that you can about the family, dates
          and places for births, deaths and marriages. Then, write to the churches,
          and to the state for more information on them. You can get certificates from
          the state, but don't neglect the churches, they usually had more information,
          like places of birth, names of parents, and witnesses!

          Good luck!!

          Jan
        • Ben Klimczak
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2000
            I understand that Tarnobrzeg is a woj ,(county?) correct me if I'm
            wrong'.Please.

            one and only Ben