[tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Radio Leliwa http://www.leliwa.pl/

  • GFSJan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2000
      Dear Marek,

      Is it possible for you to ask for descendants of our ancestors, still living
      in the home towns to make contact with us? Is that what you mean when you
      ask if there are any messages?

      I am quite sure that the relatives that I may still have in the Tarnobrzeg
      area do not have computers, but I would love to make contact with them,
      somehow. Do you have any suggestions?

      Jan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2000
        On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:02:24 EST GFSJan@... writes:

        > Is it possible for you to ask for descendants of our ancestors,
        > still living
        > in the home towns to make contact with us? Is that what you mean
        > when you
        > ask if there are any messages?

        That is what I mean.However I am not sure how
        I should arrange the way of receiving responses if any.
        I need someone there to take such responsibility.
        Last time I was talking about internet general and my
        regular Tarnobrzeg-L list.This time I want to switch to
        tarnobrzeg-gen.Never spoke to radio Leliwa before about such
        project but I think they will approve that idea.

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • GkneeoloG@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2000
          Dear Marek,

          Quite some time ago, you provided me with a list of people with surnames that
          I am researching in the Wrzawy, Tarnobrzeg area. I never had the courage to
          call any of them.

          My paternal grandfather, Karol Wicinski, came to the US from Wrzawy in 1913.
          He sailed from Hamburg on the Imperator. He was born in November of 1897 in
          Wrzawy. His parents were Maria Czajka Wicinski and Ludwik Wicinski. He had
          at least two brothers and one sister who remained in Poland. My grandfather
          returned to visit relatives in Poland on at least two occasions, one in 1957
          or 58 and then again in about 1965. I believe he visited relatives in
          Wrzawy. I would very much like to make contact with descendants of these
          great-uncles and great-aunt.

          My maternal grandmother, Anna Stelmach Bondel, came to the US from Wrzawy in
          the early 1920's. She joined a brother, Peter Stelmach in the US. Peter was
          married to a Katazyna. Her maiden name may have been Prarat. Peter and
          Katie returned to Poland, probably in the early 30's. Anna was born in June
          of 1898. Her passport lists her occupation as "seamstress". Her mother was
          Katazyna Bartoszek Stelmach and her father was either Peter or Joseph
          Stelmach. One of her sisters may have married a Laskowski. She had at
          least one brother and one sister, possibly more. Once again, I would love to
          make contact with descendants.

          My e-mail address is: GkneeoloG@...

          My snail mail address is: Lucia Wicinski
          6624 Rockledge Drive
          Brecksville, Ohio 44141
          USA

          I don't know if you think it is advisable to make such a request on the
          radio. Please do what you think is best.

          Lucia