[tarnobrzeg-gen] To new members-speak up!

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 1999
      I just took look at the members list of Tarnobrzeg-gen
      and have noticed some new faces.They just subscribed
      recently and what is unusual for this list they live
      in Poland or at least have typical Polish last names.
      This drive me to conlusion that I am not the only one
      here anymore who speaks Polish.
      If is that so please confirm and tell us about You some
      more.
      For those who found themselves here rather by mistake
      and/or do not speak English but wish to stay in touch
      with their Tarnobrzeg's contrymen i have invitation
      to subscribe Tarnobrzeg-L instead.
      You can do that automatically entering
      http://elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl/~dbogumil/tbg/regform.htm
      see also the whole site
      http://elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl/~dbogumil/tbg/
      and Tbg-L archives
      http://www.egroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-l/
      Witam wszystkich nowych czlonkow naszej listy Tarnobrzeg-Gen.
      Rozmawiamy tu po angielsku pomagajac sobie wzajemnie
      w poszukiwaniach genealogicznych w regionie tarnobrzeskim.
      Tym ktorzy byc moze trafili tu przypadkowo ale chca utrzymywac
      kontakt(po polsku)z tarnobrzezanami rozsianymi po calym
      swiecie jak i w samym Tarnobrzegu,proponuje zapisanie sie
      do Tarnobrzeg-L.
      Mozna to zrobic automatycznie ze strony
      http://elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl/~dbogumil/tbg/regform.htm

      Obejrzyj reszte naszej witryny
      (http://elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl/~dbogumil/tbg/)
      a takze archiwum ( http://www.egroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-l/ )

      Good Luck/Powodzenia
      Administrator Tbg-L and Tbg-Gen Marek Duszkiewicz
    • Allan
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 1999
        Yes please tell us about your interest in this news group.

        My cousins live in Tarnobrzeg. I visited there this summer, August 1999.
        It was a great visit. My cousins and my father's family are actually from
        the Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski area. To be more exact, the villages of Piaski
        Bzostowskie, Gliniany, Teofilow and Cmielow, perhaps more.

        Names that I am related to are Laskowski, Bidzinski. Would like to also
        look into connections with Borowiec and Cryan.

        I felt at home while I was in Poland.

        Allan C.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 25, 1999
          Allan wrote:

          > Would like to also
          > look into connections with Borowiec and Cryan.

          I think CYRAN is correct spelling.

          > I felt at home while I was in Poland.
          You too?
          But You were not even born there.Were You?

          Marek D.
        • Allan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 1999
            Marek D. wrote:

            > Allan wrote:
            >
            > > Would like to also
            > > look into connections with Borowiec and Cryan.
            >
            > I think CYRAN is correct spelling.

            You may be correct, however, that is the spelling that my father gave me.
            The only way to be sure would be to see a copy of the marriage record from
            the parish church in Gliniany. Which I wanted to do when I was there. But
            the priest was away that week of my visit. I should write and ask if he
            could send me a copy of the records on my family, but have not had the time
            recently.

            > > I felt at home while I was in Poland.
            > You too?
            > But You were not even born there.Were You?
            >
            > Marek D.

            No I was not born there, in fact until a couple of years ago I didn't know
            that I was Polish. At least 50% Since the reunion, everyone has welcomed
            me into the family. It is to bad that I did not get a chance to meet my
            uncle and cousin.

            Allan
          • JanDembiak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 1999
              Allan wrote:

              > Would also look into connections with Borowiec and Cryan.

              Dear Allan:

              In my searchfor Debiak, Woloszand Kobylarz from diocese of Sandomierz, Parish
              of Majdan Krolewski, village of Krzatka, I've run across a Cyran( great,
              great grandmother). The priest from Majdan K. informed me that my paternal
              great grandmother, Ewa Kobylarz (DOB:1860's or 1870's maybe) married Michal
              Debiak (DOB: same) of Krzatka. There is no record of this marriage in Majdan
              K. Church records, but the Debiaks did live in Krzatka.

              Perhaps the wedding typically took place in the bride's (Ewa Kobylarz's)
              village. Perhaps out of the diocese of Sandomierz or Parish of Majdan K.

              Ewa's mother was Anna Cyran (DOB:?), married to AndrzejKobylarz.
              Do you know of any of the surnames that interest me?

              John Debiak
            • Allan
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 25, 1999
                Hello John et al:

                The only relationship to Cyran or Cryan as I know it, is by marriage. But I
                have no first names. My great-grandmother had remarried (after what unknown
                reason of no longer being married to Laskowski) to a Cryan. This is the
                household that my father grew up in (with his father and brother), after his
                mother died in child-birth (Poland 193-'s). It was understood that my
                father's grandmother died a natural death during the 2nd world war.

                When visiting at the cemetary in Gliniany this summer I did notice a large
                stone bearing both names of Cryan and also Laskowska which would have been
                my great-grandmother. However we were in haste at the time and I was
                preoccupied with trying to locate my grandmother's grave, therefore not
                taking any photo or information from the stone.

                I am sure that there is Cyrans still in the area, as the house and property
                was inherited by them.

                Allan C.