Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Zderskim

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 1998
      gayle riley wrote:

      > In Jan Slomka book, Pamietuiki Wtoscianina, I find this name or at
      > least I think it is the name of my grgrgrandfather, Zderskim.

      If it was in English should be ZDERSKI all the time(no diffrent endings).In
      Polish could be diffrent endings like:ZDERSKIEGO,ZDERSKIM.
      ZDERSKIEMU etc depending on context.

      > In his
      > other book which was translated into English, EDER was mentioned. Could
      > this be EDER in Polish with a ending on it?

      No,no,no.EDER is EDER and ZDERSKI is ZDERSKI no matter whatlanguage version
      it was.
      Polish grammar requires adding certain endings handliing names but not
      never dropping or relocating letters in front of them.

      Marek D.

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen/
    • gayle riley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 1998
        In Jan Slomka book, Pamietuiki Wtoscianina, I find this name or at
        least I think it is the name of my grgrgrandfather, Zderskim. In his
        other book which was translated into English, EDER was mentioned. Could
        this be EDER in Polish with a ending on it? Please don't think I stupid
        but I judt don't read Polish. Gayle
        PS other names are mentioned.

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen/