[tarnobrzeg-gen] Fairy tale?
- Look what I found
Where the devil can not ...
Once upon a time there was an old woman who was with her
husband a drunkard. They lived in a small village close by
Tarnobrzeg. One day when the rustic drank everything away, his
wife went to their field and started to curse. Suddenly a strange
gentelman appeared. He had a tail and two horns.
- You have called me, so I am here now. What can I do for you ? -
- My husband drinks everything away. We have not enough to
live on !, the woman started to complain.
- If you sell me your husband's soul I will give you a sack of
jewellery. - the devil proposed.
- All right ! - the woman agreed.
The devil appeared again the next day. This time he brought the
sack with silver. Woman was querulous that she did not want
silver but gold. Devil went again for a new sack. In the meantime,
the sly woman put her husband on the bed and
placed a small sparrow into his mouth. When the hell's
gentelman came back, the country woman started to complain
- I was only joking with that sale. My husband is just dying!
Look! His spirit is rising into the air !
She let the sparrow go and the stupid devil followed it. He forgot
to take two sacks witch silver and gold. Since then, the woman
was prosperous, thanks to the devil and her husband did not
drink any more.
Anna Orzech (a girl)