[tarnobrzeg-gen] Fairy tale?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 1999
      Look what I found
      --------------------
      Where the devil can not ...

      Once upon a time there was an old woman who was with her
      husband a drunkard. They lived in a small village close by
      Tarnobrzeg. One day when the rustic drank everything away, his
      wife went to their field and started to curse. Suddenly a strange
      gentelman appeared. He had a tail and two horns.
      - You have called me, so I am here now. What can I do for you ? -
      he asked.
      - My husband drinks everything away. We have not enough to
      live on !, the woman started to complain.
      - If you sell me your husband's soul I will give you a sack of
      jewellery. - the devil proposed.
      - All right ! - the woman agreed.

      The devil appeared again the next day. This time he brought the
      sack with silver. Woman was querulous that she did not want
      silver but gold. Devil went again for a new sack. In the meantime,
      the sly woman put her husband on the bed and
      placed a small sparrow into his mouth. When the hell's
      gentelman came back, the country woman started to complain
      again:

      - I was only joking with that sale. My husband is just dying!
      Look! His spirit is rising into the air !
      She let the sparrow go and the stupid devil followed it. He forgot
      to take two sacks witch silver and gold. Since then, the woman
      was prosperous, thanks to the devil and her husband did not
      drink any more.

      Anna Orzech (a girl)
      Marek D.
    • CU333Write@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 1999
        Marek,

        That was a great story. Just right for Halloween.

        Curtis Urness