[tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Researching Family

  • gayle riley
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
      Try the regional archives in Sandomierzc(civil) and if you are catholic, try the
      church archives...and look forward to the printing of the new book call
      ELA...written by the civil archives in Warsaw..which is on the censuses of
      Poland..Gayle

      JanDembiak@... wrote:

      > Dear Jan:
      >
      > GFSJan@... wrote:
      >
      > > Someone has been miss lead.. Przemysl has the 1888 and 1786 census for the
      > town of
      > > Tarnobrzeg... I have that on hard core facts... Gayle SEE the FEEFHS web
      > page for the
      > > Galicia census article I did.
      >
      > How can I view the FEEFHS web page? How can I see if a census was done for
      > those years and additional years for the town of KRZATKA located close to
      > Majdan Krolewski in the Sandomierz diocese?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John Debiak

      > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen
    • Dolores M. Debiak
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
        Gayle,

        I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
        the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?

        Dolores DeBiak
      • gayle riley
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
          Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
          lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

        • GFSJan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
            Dear Gayle,

            When I wrote to Przemysl archives for records on my family from Tarnobrzeg,
            the director of the archive wrote back and said there was no record of my
            grandfather, because he was born in 1890, and they had no records past
            1889!!!! That's all I know!

            Jan
          • GFSJan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
              Dear John,

              Just go to http://www.feefhs.org You should be able to find out from there!

              Jan
            • GFSJan@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                Dear Marek!

                You are terrific!!!! I sure wish you had a phone book for Zgoda!!! LOL!!!!

                Jan
              • GFSJan@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                  Dear Gayle,

                  Thanks for the information! We had written to the church at Grebow, but were
                  told they did not have records back as far as we needed them. Thanks again!

                  Jan
                • gayle riley
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                    Jan, the census for Tarnobrzeg located there is for 1888, you missed by one
                    year...I beleive there are other census, newer...Let's wait for the book to
                    come out..Gayle

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                      gayle riley wrote:

                      > Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
                      > lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

                      Gayle
                      Dolores is right.
                      On page
                      http://www.feefhs.org/ah/gal/1880-gal.html
                      When You click at following link:
                      <1880 Austrian Census of Tarnobrzeg, Galicia >
                      You get message:page is not found
                      Marek D.

                      > Dolores M. Debiak wrote:
                      >
                      > > Gayle,
                      > >
                      > > I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
                      > > the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?
                      > >
                      > > Dolores DeBiak
                    • gayle riley
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                        Marek, I left a message to John to fix the link..Gayle