[tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Researching Family

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
      GFSJan@... wrote:

      > Dear Doreen,
      > I have gotten records from the Przemysl archives, but they only have records
      > up to 1889! So you would have to find the name of the village, then write to
      > the closest church there.

      Doreen just did it sucessfully.She sent me birthday papers by email.
      What I was able to "decode" are names of the village which is SLEZAKI,
      name of dekanate MIECHOCIN and diocese PRZEMYSL.
      Date was December 31st,1890
      Also i found male first names:FRANCISZEK,ANTONI female ELZBIETA,
      MARIANNA and last names;JASKOT, OBARA.
      All of it even names are latinized not anymore used so I gave it in
      Polish
      version.
      Here are some addresses of possible descendants:

      Andrzej Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul.Sikorskiego 8 (owns clothes store)

      Kazimierz Jaskot,39-443 Dabrowica,Marki 392 (owns transportation
      company)

      Bronislawa Jaskot, nr d.68 tel.;Slezaki 48-15-811 87 59

      Anna Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul.Prusa 2, tel.:48-15-8226277

      Wladyslawa Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul. Mickiewicza 11,
      tel.:48-15-8226412

      Local church: Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka p.w. Wniebowziecia
      Najswietszej Maryi Panny
      39-443 Dabrowica k. Tarnobrzega
      Slezaki
      priest:ks. proboszcz Zygmunt Wawrzyszko
      tel.:48-15-8118703

      With regards
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
        JanDembiak@... wrote:

        > How can I view the FEEFHS web page?

        http://www.feefhs.org/ah/gal/bookrev.html

      • gayle riley
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
          Try the regional archives in Sandomierzc(civil) and if you are catholic, try the
          church archives...and look forward to the printing of the new book call
          ELA...written by the civil archives in Warsaw..which is on the censuses of
          Poland..Gayle

          JanDembiak@... wrote:

          > Dear Jan:
          >
          > GFSJan@... wrote:
          >
          > > Someone has been miss lead.. Przemysl has the 1888 and 1786 census for the
          > town of
          > > Tarnobrzeg... I have that on hard core facts... Gayle SEE the FEEFHS web
          > page for the
          > > Galicia census article I did.
          >
          > How can I view the FEEFHS web page? How can I see if a census was done for
          > those years and additional years for the town of KRZATKA located close to
          > Majdan Krolewski in the Sandomierz diocese?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > John Debiak

          > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen
        • Dolores M. Debiak
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
            Gayle,

            I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
            the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?

            Dolores DeBiak
          • gayle riley
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
              Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
              lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

            • GFSJan@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                Dear Gayle,

                When I wrote to Przemysl archives for records on my family from Tarnobrzeg,
                the director of the archive wrote back and said there was no record of my
                grandfather, because he was born in 1890, and they had no records past
                1889!!!! That's all I know!

                Jan
              • GFSJan@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                  Dear John,

                  Just go to http://www.feefhs.org You should be able to find out from there!

                  Jan
                • GFSJan@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                    Dear Marek!

                    You are terrific!!!! I sure wish you had a phone book for Zgoda!!! LOL!!!!

                    Jan
                  • GFSJan@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                      Dear Gayle,

                      Thanks for the information! We had written to the church at Grebow, but were
                      told they did not have records back as far as we needed them. Thanks again!

                      Jan
                    • gayle riley
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                        Jan, the census for Tarnobrzeg located there is for 1888, you missed by one
                        year...I beleive there are other census, newer...Let's wait for the book to
                        come out..Gayle

                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                          gayle riley wrote:

                          > Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
                          > lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

                          Gayle
                          Dolores is right.
                          On page
                          http://www.feefhs.org/ah/gal/1880-gal.html
                          When You click at following link:
                          <1880 Austrian Census of Tarnobrzeg, Galicia >
                          You get message:page is not found
                          Marek D.

                          > Dolores M. Debiak wrote:
                          >
                          > > Gayle,
                          > >
                          > > I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
                          > > the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?
                          > >
                          > > Dolores DeBiak
                        • gayle riley
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                            Marek, I left a message to John to fix the link..Gayle