[tarnobrzeg-gen] Researching Family

  • doreen.jaskot@gte.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 16, 1999
      Hello to all. I have been researching my family for the past few
      months. Only until today, did I find out both of my grandparents came
      from Tarnobrzeg. My grandmother(Agnieszka Jarosz) was born in
      April,1895. My grandfather(Francizcek Jaskot) was born in
      December,1891. What I am interested in finding out, is how would I go
      about doing research in this area? Also, which Roman Catholic churches
      were in the area at this time? Under Palatinatus is the word Lurow.
      The Diocese Przemyzil. I can't make out the other names on these
      papers, so they are really no help. I don't even know if there was
      siblings. Both of my grandparents died when I was young and my father
      never mentioned having any aunts or uncles in Poland. Any help with my
      quest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. Doreen
    • GFSJan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 25, 1999
        Dear Doreen,

        I have gotten records from the Przemysl archives, but they only have records
        up to 1889! So you would have to find the name of the village, then write to
        the closest church there. Did these people come to the US? If they came
        after 1906, the ship manifest will tell the name of the village they were
        born in, and the name of the village they lived in just prior to emigration.

        You need to find all you can in the US before trying to find them in Poland,
        because you need to know exactly where they were born. Most immigrants just
        gave the name of the closest large city, so that doesn't help a whole lot!
        Unfortunately. But after 1906, they had to give the town or village of
        birth, where they lived before they left AND the name and address of their
        closest relative in the old country!!!!

        Good luck!!

        Jan
      • gayle riley
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 25, 1999
          Someone has been miss lead..Przemysl has the 1888 and 1786 census for the town
          of Tarnobrzeg...I have that on hard core facts...Gayle SEE the FEEFHS web page
          for the Galicia census article I did.

        • JanDembiak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
            Dear Jan:

            GFSJan@... wrote:

            > Someone has been miss lead.. Przemysl has the 1888 and 1786 census for the
            town of
            > Tarnobrzeg... I have that on hard core facts... Gayle SEE the FEEFHS web
            page for the
            > Galicia census article I did.

            How can I view the FEEFHS web page? How can I see if a census was done for
            those years and additional years for the town of KRZATKA located close to
            Majdan Krolewski in the Sandomierz diocese?

            Thanks,
            John Debiak
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
              GFSJan@... wrote:

              > Dear Doreen,
              > I have gotten records from the Przemysl archives, but they only have records
              > up to 1889! So you would have to find the name of the village, then write to
              > the closest church there.

              Doreen just did it sucessfully.She sent me birthday papers by email.
              What I was able to "decode" are names of the village which is SLEZAKI,
              name of dekanate MIECHOCIN and diocese PRZEMYSL.
              Date was December 31st,1890
              Also i found male first names:FRANCISZEK,ANTONI female ELZBIETA,
              MARIANNA and last names;JASKOT, OBARA.
              All of it even names are latinized not anymore used so I gave it in
              Polish
              version.
              Here are some addresses of possible descendants:

              Andrzej Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul.Sikorskiego 8 (owns clothes store)

              Kazimierz Jaskot,39-443 Dabrowica,Marki 392 (owns transportation
              company)

              Bronislawa Jaskot, nr d.68 tel.;Slezaki 48-15-811 87 59

              Anna Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul.Prusa 2, tel.:48-15-8226277

              Wladyslawa Jaskot,39-400 Tarnobrzeg,ul. Mickiewicza 11,
              tel.:48-15-8226412

              Local church: Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka p.w. Wniebowziecia
              Najswietszej Maryi Panny
              39-443 Dabrowica k. Tarnobrzega
              Slezaki
              priest:ks. proboszcz Zygmunt Wawrzyszko
              tel.:48-15-8118703

              With regards
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
                JanDembiak@... wrote:

                > How can I view the FEEFHS web page?

                http://www.feefhs.org/ah/gal/bookrev.html

              • gayle riley
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
                  Try the regional archives in Sandomierzc(civil) and if you are catholic, try the
                  church archives...and look forward to the printing of the new book call
                  ELA...written by the civil archives in Warsaw..which is on the censuses of
                  Poland..Gayle

                  JanDembiak@... wrote:

                  > Dear Jan:
                  >
                  > GFSJan@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > Someone has been miss lead.. Przemysl has the 1888 and 1786 census for the
                  > town of
                  > > Tarnobrzeg... I have that on hard core facts... Gayle SEE the FEEFHS web
                  > page for the
                  > > Galicia census article I did.
                  >
                  > How can I view the FEEFHS web page? How can I see if a census was done for
                  > those years and additional years for the town of KRZATKA located close to
                  > Majdan Krolewski in the Sandomierz diocese?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > John Debiak

                  > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen
                • Dolores M. Debiak
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
                    Gayle,

                    I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
                    the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?

                    Dolores DeBiak
                  • gayle riley
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 26, 1999
                      Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
                      lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                        Dear Gayle,

                        When I wrote to Przemysl archives for records on my family from Tarnobrzeg,
                        the director of the archive wrote back and said there was no record of my
                        grandfather, because he was born in 1890, and they had no records past
                        1889!!!! That's all I know!

                        Jan
                      • GFSJan@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                          Dear John,

                          Just go to http://www.feefhs.org You should be able to find out from there!

                          Jan
                        • GFSJan@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                            Dear Marek!

                            You are terrific!!!! I sure wish you had a phone book for Zgoda!!! LOL!!!!

                            Jan
                          • GFSJan@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                              Dear Gayle,

                              Thanks for the information! We had written to the church at Grebow, but were
                              told they did not have records back as far as we needed them. Thanks again!

                              Jan
                            • gayle riley
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 27, 1999
                                Jan, the census for Tarnobrzeg located there is for 1888, you missed by one
                                year...I beleive there are other census, newer...Let's wait for the book to
                                come out..Gayle

                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                                  gayle riley wrote:

                                  > Dolores, It should be there...Try again..It was there the last time I
                                  > lookes..If not let me know..Gayle

                                  Gayle
                                  Dolores is right.
                                  On page
                                  http://www.feefhs.org/ah/gal/1880-gal.html
                                  When You click at following link:
                                  <1880 Austrian Census of Tarnobrzeg, Galicia >
                                  You get message:page is not found
                                  Marek D.

                                  > Dolores M. Debiak wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Gayle,
                                  > >
                                  > > I viewed your FEEFHS article on Galicia -- what happened to the sample of
                                  > > the census record of Tarnobrzeg, it was not found?
                                  > >
                                  > > Dolores DeBiak
                                • gayle riley
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 29, 1999
                                    Marek, I left a message to John to fix the link..Gayle