[tarnobrzeg-gen] Wietrzychowice and Bilcza

  • JanDembiak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 1999
      Bruce wrote:
      > Would like to obtain photos of towns and country-sides of these 2 towns.
      > I live in Chicago, Il- USA and my grandparents are from those 2 towns.

      My grandparents are from Krzatka and relations are from Wola Ruzinowska.
      Wietrzychowice is closer to these towns than Bilcza. I have maps and a
      history book of Poland that shows photos of the country-sides; no photos like
      glossies. Do your grandparents know of any Debiak, Kobylarz, Burdzy or Wilk
      families from Poland?

      John Debiak
    • CU333Write@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 1999

        << brzeg-gen@egroups.com

        Bruce wrote:
        > Would like to obtain photos of towns and country-sides of these 2 towns.
        > I live in Chicago, Il- USA and my grandparents are from those 2 towns.

        My grandparents are from Krzatka and relations are from Wola Ruzinowska.
        Wietrzychowice is closer to these towns than Bilcza. I have maps and a
        history book of Poland that shows photos of the country-sides; no photos
        like
        glossies. Do your grandparents know of any Debiak, Kobylarz, Burdzy or Wilk
        families from Poland?

        John Debiak >>

        My great-grandmother Agnes Krysa nee Wilk and her brother Buddy Wilk (I don't
        know his Polish first name) came from Wielowiec, just NW of Tarnobrzeg in
        1914. I would also be interested in any infomation about the Wilk family
        from that region.

        Curtis Urness
      • Carol Queen
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 1999
          Marek and all,
          Marek it has been a long time since I've heard anything from you. If
          you remember, I was searching for info on Bera. I have since sent for my
          grandfather's Social Security application and found his mother's name was
          Sofia Kogor. I have also found his naturalization, intent to become a
          citizen and his oath of allegiance papers. Thanks so much for encouraging me
          to keep on digging. I still have not managed to get a letter to the right
          place in Poland, I still need to do that, but I will.
          Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.
          Carol
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 1999
            javafanatic@... wrote:

            > Would like to obtain photos of towns and country-sides of these 2 towns.
            > I live in Chicago, Il - USA and my grandparents are from those 2 areas.
            >
            > Bruce Bogusz

            Just use any of search engines like yahoo,infoseek etc.
            and write name of town and click search.
            You may get results like this:
            http://www1.zetosa.com.pl/ugwietrzychowice/map.htm
            http://www1.zetosa.com.pl/ugwietrzychowice/hist.htm
            http://www.um.szczecin.pl/reforma/malopol.html

            Use also town lokator

            to find out which one of two Bilczas is "yours".
          • Mecinski
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 1999
              >Would like to obtain photos of towns and country-sides of these 2 towns.
              >I live in Chicago, Il - USA and my grandparents are from those 2 areas.

              To Bruce Bogusz

              Could you please to explain me what kind of pictures of your grandparents'
              places do you interested in.
              With my best wishes from Poland.
              Kazimierz Mecinski
              mecinski@...