[tarnobrzeg-gen] Location help

  • John Nieradka
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 1999
      Can anyone tell me where Cisow Las is located? I believe it to be near
      Tarnobrzeg but have not been able to find it anywhere.

      If possible please indicate where it is in relation to the
      Stany/Bojanow/Spie area.

      Thanks in advance

      John

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen
    • JanDembiak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 1999
        John Nieradka wrote:

        <Can anyone tell me where Cisow Las is located? I believe it to be near
        Tarnobrzeg but have not been able to find it anywhere.

        I found three towns/villages named Cisow, but no Cisow Las. The "o" in Cisow
        and Bojanow's last "o" have characters over it. Las by definition means
        forest, woods, or thicket.

        < If possible please indicate where it is in relation to the
        Stany/Bojanow/Spie area.

        I found Cisow in the Tarnobrzeg area that is close to my paternal
        grandparent's ancestral town of Krzatka. This Cisow is south east of Bojanow
        and is about twice the distance from Bojanow as Bojanow is from Stany. Cisow
        is between Korabina (to the north) and Gwozdziec (to the south).
        Krzatka is due west of Cisow and is about the same distance from Bojanow as
        Bojanow is from Cisow.

        John Debiak

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen
      • Dolores M. Debiak
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 1999
          John Nieradka asked about the location of Cisow-Las and John Debiak
          responded with directions. His (Debiak) location is correct as it is
          written as "Cisow-Las" on our map in the same area. I can send copy of map
          if interested.

          (another) John Debiak