[tarnobrzeg-gen] Non-Jewish Tarnobrzeg research Q?

  • gayle riley
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 20, 1999
      Those of you researching Tarnobrzeg, who are not Jewish, tell me, what
      kind of info do you have from Tarnobrzeg, BDM from the Church? Gayle

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen
    • gayle riley
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 20, 1999
        What was that address, they say the early Jewish records are with the
        church..gayle

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 20, 1999
          Carol Queen wrote:

          > Marek's friend was going to speak to the priest and see what he
          > could find out.

          He spoke to the priest,but there in rural church they do not have
          devices making life easier like xerox for example etc.
          He is going to see the priest again as soon he will fix
          his car(waiting for parts arriving from Canada).
          Well things like these.That is all I can say for now.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 20, 1999
            Marek, can I get help to see if there are jewish records among those of the
            Catholic church in Tarnobrzeg...or I can write the priest? address of the
            records..gayle

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 20, 1999
              gayle riley wrote:

              > Marek, can I get help to see if there are jewish records among those of the
              > Catholic church in Tarnobrzeg...or I can write the priest? address of the
              > records..gayle

              Here are email addtresses of Dominican Fathers in Tarnobrzeg

              o. Ryszard Bosakowski OP
              ricardob@...
              o. Dariusz Kantypowicz OP
              kantyp@...
              o. Marek Kosacz OP
              markos@...
              o. Krzysztof Parol OP
              parol@...
              o. Pawel Trzopek OP
              ptrzopek@...

              and their homepage
              http://www.tarnobrzeg.tpnet.pl/dominikanie/main.html

              eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen
            • Carol Queen

              • GFSJan@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 21, 1999
                  Dear Gayle,

                  I have records from the church at Grebow, baptisms and marriages. Dating from
                  1823 to about 1889.

                  Janet

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 21, 1999
                    In a message dated 2/20/99 11:18:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    metro@... writes:

                    << o. Ryszard Bosakowski OP
                    ricardob@...
                    o. Dariusz Kantypowicz OP
                    kantyp@...
                    o. Marek Kosacz OP
                    markos@...
                    o. Krzysztof Parol OP
                    parol@...
                    o. Pawel Trzopek OP
                    ptrzopek@...

                    >>Marek, Do these priests speak English, or must we write in Polish?

                    Janet

                    eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 21, 1999
                      GFSJan@... wrote:

                      > >>Marek, Do these priests speak English, or must we write in Polish?

                      These or others I have no idea.I do not know any of them by person
                      however seems like Irene mentioned one of them father Pawel Trzopek that is
                      who had helped her.
                      I would not bother volunteers with English anyway.Even if English in Poland had
                      status similar to Spanish in US it still would be big problem for many.
                      I would make effort to ease the process as far as I can on my side and
                      I would take advantage of PGSA letter guidance

                      [Letter Writing Guide
                      Need to write a letter to Poland requesting information?
                      This guide will assist in drafting that vital letter.]

                      http://www.pgsa.org/refdesk.htm#Translation

                      and try to write Polish.That way has another plus showing Your efforts
                      may release appreciation and symphat from other side.
                      In my opinion writing in English anyway is like asking to be found in
                      blind lane.

                      Good Luck
                      Marek

                      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen
                    • John Nieradka
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 22, 1999
                        Marek,

                        A slight departure, but is it possible to get any information about
                        the church in Stany? Address, priest names etc. If possible it would
                        be a great help. I had tried writing to a general address (roman
                        catholic church in Stany...) but never heard anything back.

                        Thanks in advance

                        John

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 23, 1999
                          Dear Marek,

                          Thanks for your reply! I was planning on using the pgsa letter guide, since I
                          do not speak Polish. I was worrying about finding someone to translate the
                          reply from Poland. I live in an area where there are very few Poles, so
                          translation is very difficult!

                          Thanks

                          Janet

                          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 27, 1999
                            John wrote:

                            >A slight departure, but is it possible to get any information about
                            >the church in Stany? Address, priest names etc. If possible it would
                            >be a great help. I had tried writing to a general address (roman
                            >catholic church in Stany...) but never heard anything back.

                            I can give what I have.I do not remember if did it already
                            before.It may be the same address this time too.

                            Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka p.w. Sw. Jana Gwalberta i Sw. Tekli
                            37-433 Stany
                            ul.Grebowska 14

                            Contact : Jan Kula
                            Phone : 011-48-15-870-8370
                            Employees : 2
                            ---------------------------
                            also I found this

                            Company name : Wiejski Dom Kultury
                            Address : Stany, ul.Kolbuszowska
                            Zip code : 37-433
                            Contact : kier. Franciszek Nieradka
                            Ownership : Community or Municipality
                            Legal status : Local Self-Government
                            Employees : 1
                            NACE : 92.31.6 Culture centers
                            BTW You cannot post on the List from your email address
                            which is not subscribed to it.That happenned with Your
                            yahhoo address.
                            Good Luck
                            marek D.

                            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tarnobrzeg-gen