Sadrakulas in Kansas City

  • fredsadrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
      Here is what I have on Sadrakulas, who lived in Kansas City.
      1. Ignacy Sadrakula was my great uncle. His first son was born there. A short time later he moved his family to Passaic, NJ where his brother, John lived. John of course was my grandfather. Ignacy was going to move back to Poland, but my grandfather talked him into staying in Passaic.
      2. Sisters, Stephanie and Anna Sadrakula married brothers, John and Felix Motyka. Stephanie married in All Saints Church (same as Ignacy) and the other married in Kansas City, MO. I've been in contact with Kenneth Motyka, who lives in Ludington, MI. Ken is the grandson of Stephanie and John.
      3. Anna and Felix married in MO and lived the rest of their lives in MO. Ken is supposed to visit an elderly aunt, who went to Poland some years ago. He and I hope she has information to share on the Sadrakula family.
      4. Josef Sadrakula married Aniela Bogon in Kansas City, KS in April 1911. I only could find one child, a son, John. John's son is Robert L. Sadrakula. He is retired, around 72 years old and lives in Kansas City, KS. I have written him twice. First time was 12 years ago, and most recently last Spring. He does not respond to my letters. It is my belief Josef and Aniela moved back to Poland. I have just sent an email to a lady in Poland, who might shed some light on the Bogon family. I learned there was a Janina Bogon Sadrakula, who married Stanislaw Sadrakula. I don't know the village where either was from. Hopefully, the lady I wrote to will share her knowledge.
      5. I am fairly certain Josef had a sister named Maria. She was born on July 1, 1883 in Miechocin. Josef was born in 1885. Their mother's name was Agnieszka Sadrakula. I've seen a posting that indicates Maria's father was Michal. If you look at Ellis Island's records, you will find Josef was from Miechocin.
      6. I contacted All Saints church last March. I followed up with 2 more calls. The church secretary, Rosie, promised she would mail me copies of marriage records. As of today, I have not received anything from her. I wrote the pastor of the church and unfortunately he did not respond to my letter.
      7. I have reason to believe a Josef Wilk was a first cousin to my grandfather. He was on the same ship wth Ignacy. Josef apparently settled in the Kansas City area. My self imposed task is to figure out his mother's maiden name.
      8. I will see what I can find on the surname Pacosz.
      9. Tom, Do you teach at UT, Chattanooga? I graduated from UTC in 1970.
      10. One more thing. A Catherine (Katarzyna) was married in the same church as the other two folks I mentioned above. I'm certain she is Wincenty Sadrakula's sister. Wincenty married Mary Kondeusz in St. Stanislaus Church in St. Joseph, MO. Wincenty moved to Chicago where quite a number of Sadrakulas live today. I would like to find out more about Catherine. I have been in contact with
      Wincenty's great granddaughter, but unfortunately, she has not been able to shed any new light on her family.

      Fred
    • Sarah Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
        Fred-

        I live in the KC area. My mothers grandparents (Ksiazek and Wryk) came here from Tarnobrzeg and belonged to St. Joseph/All Saints Parish. My mother remembers a Johnny and Bobby Sadrakula. My grandmother who is 95 might know more. I will talk to her and see if she has any info that might help you.

        Sarah

        Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2013
          Sarah,
          Any luck in finding info on Johnny and Bobby Sadrakula?
          Thank you.
          Fred