RE: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Sur name Sadrakula

  • Mary K Greer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2012
      If you have the birth certificate of each of the children born to Josephine
      Sadrakula, they should have the father's name.

      Good luck!

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Mary K. Greer

      407-884-8682 (Home)

      407-340-0414 (Cell)

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2012
        I have some material for Sadrakula family that lived in Kansas City, Kansas, They were from the area surrounding Tarnobrzeg. I think that I also bits of material from Dzikow about them.

        I can dig this material out for you.

        Many families in the Polish community in Kansas City were from the area surrounding Tarnobrzeg, including Wilk, Sedorczyk, Ordyk, Grazda, Gronek, as well as my Sajwaj family. Also, it was reputed to have connections to Buffalo, and I don't know what that connection was.

        Tom Sajwaj

        On Jun 22, 2012, at 2:36 PM, fredsadrak wrote:

        > Quick background: My father was born Ferdinand Leopold Sadrakula, however, in 1948 a few months prior to my birth he had the name shorten to Sadrak. My grandfather, John and his brother Ignatz(Ignacy) emmigrated to the U.S. Their three brother, Francois, Joseph, and Adam emmigrated to France. There was a sister, but I can't find her name. Based on information from Ellis Island, I have a theory she may have married a Jan Wilk.
        > In addition to help from Anne Sadrakula (Chicago) and Bill Ware (Passaic, NJ), I've been able to assembled quite a bit of information. I'm at a point where I would like to link my great grandfather, Tomasz (born 1859), to the following people: Franciszek (Born ~1864), Wojciech (Franciszek's brother), Nicholas (Mikolaj), Antoni,and three named Joseph. Franz and Wojciech were from Rzezyce, Nicholas and Antoni were from Wielowies. One Joseph was from Wiechocin, one was from Osinki, and the other may have been from Sandomierz. Documents concerning my great grandfather, grandfather, and his brothers either state Tarnobrzeg or Wielowies.
        > There are a few females I've linked to some of the men above, but getting information on the men should resolve questions concerning the ladies.
        > If anyone has information that you think will help, please send it to me. The more I can get accomplished in the next 12 months should make my research in Poland easier.
        > One more item I could use help on. A Josephine Sadrakula,who lived in Buffalo, NY, had 5 children between 1914 and 1924. Unfortunately, I have been unable to learn her husband's first name. The 1930 census lists her as head of the household.
        > Fred Sadrak

      • fredsadrak
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
          Mary,
          A little bit of luck came my way. I called one of the Catholic cemeteries in Buffalo, and to my surprise an infant with the name of Bolelaus Valentius Sadrakula was buried there. The secretary suggested I call Assumption church, which I did. The church secretary sent me info, including the Josephine's husband's name, which was Franciszek. Also, lerned the child buried in this cemetery had a twin brother, John. Now on to calling more cemeteries.
          Thanks for your post.
          Fred